Recommend a band thread (with a slight variation)

Originally posted by Culture_AK47
WAYLANDER!!

I have a CD from these guys... Reawakening The Pride Once Lost.. it's ok, but I wish the death singing was a little better, more distinctive, etc.

here's a few that aren't incredibly well known:

Dying Fetus - I see them mentioned from time to time but they aren't huge. Really brutal technical DM, and they're from Maryland so I gotta give em props :D

Corporation 187 - Thrash from Sweden, very much in the vein of The Haunted. Nobody knows about these guys but me, which leads to me being hounded for "constantly" hyping them. Or something.

I'm gonna have to check out some bands on this thread....

The Elysian Fields

black metal band form Greece with doom metal influences. no keyboards, either. great band one of my fave bands now. 2 albums: WE...the Enlightened and 12 Ablaze. both great.

Originally posted by Jo
...Corporation 187 website

sweet. I remember they used to have an incredibly poor quality website.

haven't heard the new disc yet, except for one song. I'll probably have to eBay it like I did the first one, since The End didn't have it last time I checked.

Check out Disarmonia Mundi! I just discovered this band. Sorry if they are already well known by the board members, but they are very unique...reminiscent of Opeth in some ways. I would definitely recommend them.