Recommend me some Black Metal I might like

MURAI

-
Nov 6, 2002
Canada
I never cared for black metal (other than early Mayhem) and I prefered the brother sub-genre death metal. But, I downloaded some Bathory and I found it interesting. So recommend some Black Metal like them, but I have heard the respected acts like Burzum, Emperor, Immortal etc.. already and didn't like them as much.

By the way, try comparing death metal and black metal. I prefer death metal because it's more energetic and I guess early black metal concentrates more on melody and mood.

You might like Drudkh - Forgotten Legends or Autumn Aurora. These are different in mood than the standard BM bands, probably more energetic, as you said you were looking for. Still very much focused on mood though.

Darkthrone is great, too. You may have heard them, but I think they're easily better than Immortal while being somewhat similar style. Panzerfaust is a great album, very accessible, probably because of pretty good production and two riffs per song.

You might like a black/death hybrid like Dissection as well.

TORMENTOR - ANNO DOMINI.

Don't listen to anyone else. Download this (don't bother trying to find and buy it, it's fucking impossible unless you're willing to spend over $30.00).

Jean-Pierre said:
TORMENTOR - ANNO DOMINI.

Don't listen to anyone else. Download this (don't bother trying to find and buy it, it's fucking impossible unless you're willing to spend over $30.00).

Seconded.

I can't imagine MURAI liking Drudkh, but if he wants to try them the first album is most likely to interest him.

He might like Deathspell Omega's Si Monvmentvm... as well, actually.

Gallantry over Docility said:
No.

People who think Pure Holocaust is anything less than FANTASTIC haven't given it a concentrated listen through decent headphones.
I own it and can't see the hype. ATHOW is a much better album.