Recommend me some Black Metal I might like

Well yeah I definitely agree that it is much more DM than BM, as I stated...the ratio is probably 90 to 10 percent. The black metal parts have some in common with "norsecore", though, as well...

Impaled getting called goregrind is a farce. I know what goregrind is and they are not it, not even their old demos. Old old Exhumed is goregrind.

Zyklon - World Ov Worms
Niden Div. 187 - Impergium
Ophthalamia - Via Dolorosa
Sigh - Hail Horror Hail
Silencer - Death - Pierce Me
Dodheimsgard - 666 International
Taake - Nattestid Set Porten
Tulus - Pure Black Energy
Ulver - Bergtatt
Drudkh - Autumn Aurora
Nazxul - Totem
Havohej - Dethrone the Son of God
Destroyer 666 - Unchain the Wolves
Limbonic Art - Moon in The Scorpio
Behemoth - Sventevith (Storming near the Baltic)

Dodens Grav said:
Immortal's best is Diabolical Fullmoon Mysticism.

I own all of there albums and that is definetly their worst, it's still a cool cd its just not nearly as good as there other albums. Even though it was the last album they made I think sons of northern darkness is definetly is Immortals strongest album. I would rank the highest to lowest
Sons
Pure Holocaust
Damned in Black
Battles in the North
Blizzard Beasts
Diabolical

I only listen to , Bathory, Immortal, Emperor, Mayhem, Dimmu, Agathodamion, Judas Iscarot, Nargaroth, and a very small handful of others. Most others are just mediocre and too unoriginal.

Shut up, nobody cares about your opinion on Black Metal. If you had some knowledge on the subject, then people would care, but you clearly don't.

BlackMetalTyrant said:
I only listen to , Bathory, Immortal, Emperor, Mayhem, Dimmu, Agathodamion, Judas Iscarot, Nargaroth, and a very small handful of others. Most others are just mediocre and too unoriginal.

Yes, all of those bands are very original. :err:

MasterOLightning said:
You might like Drudkh - Forgotten Legends or Autumn Aurora. These are different in mood than the standard BM bands, probably more energetic, as you said you were looking for. Still very much focused on mood though.

I don't know... Drudkh is extremely atmpospheric and moody, and their first two album's general aestetic is very far from death metal. If anything he would like their new ablum The Swan Road which is more riff based.

Now Hate Forest's Battlefields would probably right up his alley.

DFMM is really intense basic black metal. PH is more mature and compositionally advanced. BITN isn't as atmospheric, too one-sided, and is one of their weaker efforts. BB is when I think they really changed. This is basically death metal, although done with black metal touches, and is really impressive. Their last good album was ATHOW. Just great epic heavy metal. Their last two are throwaways.