RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
cov1957.jpg

Cauldron Born - ....And Rome Shall Fall

i know their not classic black but what do you guys think of dimmu borgir? any album suggestions?

also can anyone tell me why CC is so hated on this board? i fucking love 'kill' but havnt really heard much of thier older shit besides hammer smashed face, i mean they cant be that bad if they are like one of the pioneer death bands, right?

J Mann said:
Can anyone recommend me some Melodic Black metal in the vein of early Dissection and Sacramentum? Preferably without keyboards, i want a guitar driven band(s). Thanks

Your best bet is probably the first Dawn, Vinterland's Welcome to My Last Chapter or Cardinal Sin's Spiteful Intents.

Nothing in this style will ever come close to Far Away From the Sun or even Finis Malorum btw.

Far Away From The Sun has some of the most brillant guitar playing to grace my ears.

iirc hirilorn rule, i should re-dl that

i never got into vinterland, just seemed a bit redundant as i never get bored of sacramentum

finis malorum isn't as good as fafts in any way but it still fucking owns

Malignance said:
Your best bet is probably the first Dawn, Vinterland's Welcome to My Last Chapter or Cardinal Sin's Spiteful Intents.

Nothing in this style will ever come close to Far Away From the Sun or even Finis Malorum btw.

Yeah Finis Malorum is pretty awesome and I love that Vinterland album too. I should probably check out Cardinal Sin's EP, thanks for reminding me.

immo said:
I'd love to see J.'s top 10 black metal album list. or 20 :D

I'm not good with Top 10s or 20s. But here are some black metal albums that get often listens (please note I left out the obvious choices such as Darkthrone, Enslaved, Satyricon, Immortal, etc):

Abigor - Nachthymnen
Abigor - Supreme Immortal Art
Aeternus - Beyond the Wandering Moon
Aeternus - And So the Night Became
Belenos - Errances Onirique
Dawn - Naer Solen Gar Niber For Evogher
Demoncy - Joined in Darkness
Fleurety - Min Tid Skal Komme
Fullmoon - United Aryan Evil
Gontyna Kry - Welowie
Graveland - Following the Voice of BLood
Graveland - Thousand Swords
Hades - The Dawn of the Dying Sun
Havohej - Dethrone the Son of God
Helheim - Av Norron Aett
Hirilorn - A Hymn to the Ancient Souls
Manes - Under Ein Blodraud Maane
Megiddo - The Devil and the Whore
Myrddraal - Blood on the Mountain
Negura Bunget - Maiastru Sfetnic
Nokturnal Mortum - NeChrist
Nokturnal Mortum - Goat Horns
Sacramentum - Far Away From the Sun
Samael - Ceremony of Opposites
Sigh - Infidel Art
Sort Vokter - Folkloric Necro Metal
Summoning - Minas Morgul

swizzlenuts said:
What are some good Doom/Heavy Bands in the vein of:

Pagan Altar
Pentagram
Cirith Ungol
Candlemass

Solitude Aeturnus
Witchfinder General
Iron Man
Mourn
Cathedral
Isole

for starters.

Carcassian said:
Solitude Aeturnus
Witchfinder General
Iron Man
Mourn
Cathedral
Isole

for starters.

Solitude Aeturnus = :kickass:

Witchfinder General = Got
Iron Man = Getting
Cathedral = Never dug...

Mourn and Isole = thanks I'll check em out :headbang:

You have one Cathedral(newest) album in your folder.

How are you suppose to know if you don't like them ?

zim18 said:
i know their not classic black but what do you guys think of dimmu borgir? any album suggestions?

also can anyone tell me why CC is so hated on this board? i fucking love 'kill' but havnt really heard much of thier older shit besides hammer smashed face, i mean they cant be that bad if they are like one of the pioneer death bands, right?

for dimmu borgir go with enthrone darkness triumphant which was their entry into their current style or go with stormblast for more old school stuff that albums all in norwegian if that matters to you or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.