RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
zim18 said:
although i hate nu metal i think darkest hour is pretty damn good, probably because i actually gave them a listen considering their not on the radio every 20 minutes and ive never seen a shirt of them being worn anywhere

oh and Darkest Hour ain't nu-metal.

MetalNoob said:
Devin Townsend can make any band sound half-way decent.

for fuckin sure, but i thought that the job he did for lamb of god was pretty boring for him unless the band wanted a thin dry sound.

NEWSFLASH: Devin Townsend confirmed NOT to be genius. Scientists have proven that having crap hair and being "kerazzzzzy!!!" is not proof of talent.

MetalNoob said:
It pisses me off also. They have earned more then those other gay bands. Been around longer and are much better.

i've come to accept that superior european bands will always play backup to the more-promoted north american groups only to out-perform them every time.

Carcassian said:
NEWSFLASH: Devin Townsend confirmed NOT to be genius. Scientists have proven that having crap hair and being "kerazzzzzy!!!" is not proof of talent.

i suppose this is my cue to argue with you for about 20min about the MAN himself but im sure that we both got better things to do.:cool: :kickass:

Carcassian said:
fuck mate, how long have you got?

until i run out of breath but dont worry cause i smoke to much weed lately and my lungs aint what they used to be. never heard of blackstar before but just looked em up and got real interested. does it kinda pick up where swansong left off or does steers absence hurt?

fat bastard said:
until i run out of breath but dont worry cause i smoke to much weed lately and my lungs aint what they used to be. never heard of blackstar before but just looked em up and got real interested. does it kinda pick up where swansong left off or does steers absence hurt?

Yep it picks up from Swansong.

Kind of like Swansong, but with a more prevalent NWOBHM influence (Lizzy / Tygers of Pang Tang), hook laden, (very) sarcastic lyrics from Jeff Walker and added sax/trumpet sections.

It got very average (6/10) reviews upon release. Personally, I think it fucking rules, and is at least twice the album Swansong is (and I like Swansong). It benefits from not having a sulky Bill Steer on it, to be honest.

Carcassian said:
Kind of like Swansong, but with a more prevalent NWOBHM influence (Lizzy / Tygers of Pang Tang), hook laden, (very) sarcastic lyrics from Jeff Walker and added sax/trumpet sections.

It got very average (6/10) reviews upon release. Personally, I think it fucking rules, and is at least twice the album Swansong is (and I like Swansong). It benefits from not having a sulky Bill Steer on it, to be honest.

I'm guessing, but I assume that they got their name from the Blackstar they made on Swansong (probably my favorite song on that album)

Carcassian said:

Just hearing the guy talk and really looking into and connecting the various albums he's made.. I'll leave it at that he's pretty fucking smart... just a little eccentric.

Status
Not open for further replies.