RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
My band recommendation for the day: Abigor

One of the most amazing, original and underappreciated black metal bands of the nineties.

Necuratul said:
I really have no excuse for not owning any of their albums. I should change that soon.

it's not like they are rare, so no you dont. Verwustung, Orkblut, Nachthymnen, Supreme Immortal Art, Apokalypse, Opus IV...

seriously folks....

Darkest Hour is terrible. Stolen At the Gates riffs hiding in a sea of -core.

really? by who? i rarely ever hear of them influencing other bands, or people citing them as a favorite.

put it this way, they aren't as well appreciated as they should be. they are better than most of the 90's norwegian scene

i pretty much agree with that, though i really enjoy Verwustung for sheer pure black metal, and SIA for the symphonic side of the band. And Orkblut for the Pagan-ish end. And Apokalypse for pure brutality.

fuck it, the band is amazing.

Anyone familiar with Tharen's black metal band, Amestigon?

dark4ngel said:
These bands are great and I'm so looking forward to checking out this tour. Ya'll should consider doing the same ;)

THREAT SIGNAL will be opening for the SOILWORK, MNEMIC and Darkest Hour tour in October! Everyone check out Nuclear Blasts website for more deatils. Also, Under Reprisal will be released in North America August 22nd!! \m/ -Breawn

I'm goin just to see Soilwork the other bands suck ass.

J. said:
it's not like they are rare, so no you dont. Verwustung, Orkblut, Nachthymnen, Supreme Immortal Art, Apokalypse, Opus IV...

seriously folks....

Darkest Hour is terrible. Stolen At the Gates riffs hiding in a sea of -core.

I'll probably buy a few when I finally decide to pick up the new Summoning.

although i hate nu metal i think darkest hour is pretty damn good, probably because i actually gave them a listen considering their not on the radio every 20 minutes and ive never seen a shirt of them being worn anywhere

zim18 said:
although i hate nu metal i think darkest hour is pretty damn good, probably because i actually gave them a listen considering their not on the radio every 20 minutes and ive never seen a shirt of them being worn anywhere

They're ok, but metalcore has never gone well with me.

J. said:
i pretty much agree with that, though i really enjoy Verwustung for sheer pure black metal, and SIA for the symphonic side of the band. And Orkblut for the Pagan-ish end. And Apokalypse for pure brutality.

fuck it, the band is amazing.

Anyone familiar with Tharen's black metal band, Amestigon?

Apokalypse is amazing, Celestial is a kickass song.

Status
Not open for further replies.