RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have heard Paradise Belongs To You by Saturnus, great album. I was just wondering if I should pick up Veronika Decides To Die, is it worth getting?

unknown said:
I endorse this list.

EDIT:
Scar Symmetry
Primordial
Void of Silence
Gorguts
Hypocrisy
Farmakon (especially if you like Opeth...think of a jazzier version)
Wintersun
Liege Lord
Symphony X
(early)Iced Earth

a good mish mash of artists you should check out

you should add Dream Theater and all of their side projects.

based on the fact that kreator hasnt been here since 1992, im not all that disappointed with the fact that it wasnt a unique setlist. there are some other songs i would have liked to have heard, but overall i thought it dominated. probably the best concert ive been to i think.

riot of violence and extreme aggression were probably my favourites on the night, which is odd given they arent my favourite songs.

Everyone should check out Swedish speed/thrash band Enforcer. Great stuff similar to early Metallica, Metal Church, Heathen, etc., with some NWOBHM-y moments. The demo is downloadable here. There is also a Soundclick page that you can download it from, but I can't seem to find it at the moment.

I've had him on my buddy list for a while, but I still haven't listened to the music. :lol: Trustworthy folks approve though, and Iron Pegasus kicks dick.

BurningWitch said:
I have heard Paradise Belongs To You by Saturnus, great album. I was just wondering if I should pick up Veronika Decides To Die, is it worth getting?
yep, it's cool. you are very likely to enjoy it if you like paradise..

For me seeing a band once in my lifetime would be enough, theres just something about seeing a band twice that takes away the whole "that time" you seen them thing. But mainly because the amount of bands i want to see live leaves no room for double dipping.

greatcovencd.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.