RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Teh Grimace said:
It's one person, or rather, Diamanda Galas is a person though she does have a backing band.

She's fucking astonishing. A good 4 plus octave range, and she does some of the most harsh shit i've ever heard. Much of her live work i've heard often involves sections of melody-less screeching at the top of her range. In a good way. She sounds like Miles Davis' trumpet. But she also is a beautiful, melodic operatic-style vocalist, she can do jazz, all kinds of anything... it's actually really hard to desribe exactly what she does, but it's very avant and experimental and totally unique.

Get "Plague Mass" for Diamanda at her most extreme. It's a tribute show to her brother who died of AIDS, and it's one of the most emotional things, maybe the most, i've ever heard.

Yeah, I figured out thats a woman. And ppl say that "Plague Mass" is really the most impressive thing, like you said.

PS: I also want to believe that you were being sarcastic, saying about her beauty -
steal-black.jpg
(it doesnt really matter of course, but i just couldnt resist).

I'm listening to a song off Plague Mass...the first track...the broad can scream her ass off

she should try being in a power metal band

MasterOLightning said:
Regarding Enslaved: Frost is such a shit follow-up to VV. Take away everything that was great about VV and made it a genre classic, and then add stupid techy elements, and you've got Frost.

Frost is fucking amazing, easily their best.

unknown said:
I'm listening to a song off Plague Mass...the first track...the broad can scream her ass off

she should try being in a power metal band
Where did you get it, unknown?

V.V.V.V.V. said:
Manilla fuckin' Road

ive got some discs coming to me from them so im lookin forward to them arriving. just got my hammers of misfortune discs as well as mercyful fates mellisa/the beginning and some early savatage and fates warning is on the way. still lookin for more band ideas though. classic metal is a long lost art i think.

Demiricous is a new thrash metal band. This band is getting tagged as the band to save thrash metal apparently by some metal fans. I listened to them before and I think they are amazing. Might be our next Exodus or something around the lines of their popularity. They only have one album so far but they are looking great so far.

They're not pure Thrash, they gay it up like Dew Scented and that ilk, though slightly better. Not worth owning though.

I need some early to middle 90's darkened death/black metal bands. As some of you know I like the music that borders inbetween. If something is really obscure or hard to get don't recomend it because i'm done looking for obscure things. Something semi-popular maybe.

The Greys said:
I need some early to middle 90's darkened death/black metal bands. As some of you know I like the music that borders inbetween. If something is really obscure or hard to get don't recomend it because i'm done looking for obscure things. Something semi-popular maybe.

Allegiance - Hymn Till Hangagud
Belphegor - Blutsabbath
The Ancient's Rebirth - Drain the Portal in Blood
Throne of Ahaz - Nifelheim

I recommend everyone goes and see KREATOR live if they get a chance. Saw them last night for the first time and they RULED!

Set list as follows:

CHOIR OF THE DAMNED
ENEMY OF GOD
IMPOSSIBLE BRUTALITY
EXTREME AGGRESSION
PEOPLE OF THE LIE
VOICES OF THE DEAD
THE PATRIARCH
VIOLENT REVOLUTION
SUICIDE TERRORIST
AWAKENING OF THE GODS
COMA OF SOULS