RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is some good newer burzum to start with. I originally did not like Varg and thought he was an idiot but grew into his music. I remember a friend of mine awile ago playing a burzum song in the car one time. I remember keyboards over the guitars or something. The sound was very tranch like simple and relaxed. I have no idea what the song was but it very cool. Very different than the first two.

edit: wait no thats incorrect, the burzum/aske album is far from varg's best save a couple of tracks

dodens was correct, atfw and trinity are the best mdb

The Greys said:
What is some good newer burzum to start with. I originally did not like Varg and thought he was an idiot but grew into his music. I remember a friend of mine awile ago playing a burzum song in the car one time. I remember keyboards over the guitars or something. The sound was very tranch like simple and relaxed. I have no idea what the song was but it very cool. Very different than the first two.

Probably Svarte Troner

The Greys said:
if it was only synths and guitars it was probably gebrechlichkeit, otherwise it was probably dunkelheit or erblicket die töchter des firmaments; all three are on filosofem

filosofem has two of Burzums best imo - Dunkelheit, Erblicket Die Töchter Des Firm

My fav is the self titled release though

Carcassian said:
Mekong Delta: any good?

Much more than "good"

Where to start?

The album that in my opinion makes people instantly love this band is "Dances Of Death". Then continue with their more experimental and progressive material (like "Visions Fugitives") or with their more balanced albums (like "The Music Of Erich Zann"). Overall, every single album of them presents high quality tech metal.

hey guys, can someone recommend me some bands that fit the following criteria:

i want aggressive thrash metal with melodic, aggressive riffing, but i want the vocals to be deep gutteral growls ala Nile, or earlier Hate Eternal. The best example would be like Eric Rutan's vocals on King of All Kings but in a thrash context, instead of the usual high pitched screaming found in melodic death/thrash ala Nightrage, Dimension Zero, At the Gates. thanks.

Well...Nightrage isn't death/thrash though, that's what's throwing me off. It's melodeath from what I remember? o_O

Anyway, I can't really think of anything to fit your criteria though, sorry.

Necuratul said:
Well...Nightrage isn't death/thrash though, that's what's throwing me off. It's melodeath from what I remember? o_O

Anyway, I can't really think of anything to fit your criteria though, sorry.

yea, thats ok. im not too good with subgenres...death/thrash for me are bands like dimension zero or nightrage, but ive seen lots of people also call it melodeath. to me theyre almost the same thing...early arch enemy, at the gates, etc...i kind of lump them together.

thanks for trying...

Devy_Metal said:
yea, thats ok. im not too good with subgenres...death/thrash for me are bands like dimension zero or nightrage, but ive seen lots of people also call it melodeath. to me theyre almost the same thing...early arch enemy, at the gates, etc...i kind of lump them together.

thanks for trying...

are you thinking a riffing style ala darkane or early soilwork but with brutal death vocals? can t think of a band that fits that but i love it when melodeath bands thrash it out. the melodic tendencies make it a bit more tasty for me than straight thrash.

Status
Not open for further replies.