RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Devy_Metal said:
The Greys said:
Do you honestly think that some melo-death band resembles thrash more than some regular older death metal band ?

Yep, I do.

i agree with you in some cases. perhaps try the crown. not low brutal low vocals but johan doesn t go anywhere as high with his screams as some do and plus the band rocks. a good mix of death and thrash with this band. pity they broke up.

Devy_Metal said:
I don't care if I look "stupid" on an internet message board. Do you?
well that depends i mean if you're actually out for useful recommendations you should learn to communicate what you're actually looking for, and what you're looking for has little to nothing to do with thrash

fat bastard said:
Devy_Metal said:
The Greys said:
Do you honestly think that some melo-death band resembles thrash more than some regular older death metal band ?

i agree with you in some cases. perhaps try the crown. not low brutal low vocals but johan doesn t go anywhere as high with his screams as some do and plus the band rocks. a good mix of death and thrash with this band. pity they broke up.

I have Crowned in Terror and it's pretty good.

Erik said:
well that depends i mean if you're actually out for useful recommendations you should learn to communicate what you're actually looking for, and what you're looking for has little to nothing to do with thrash

I think I articulated well enough. Maybe my genre definitions mixed you up. I really don't know, so you tell me...what would a band like Kreator be if they had gutteral vocals but played the same thrash style? I realize I asked for death/thrash, but I am curious. Bands like Kreator and Slayer, who play typical thrash metal...would they be considered death/thrash if they had brutal, low, gutteral vocals?

Necuratul said:
Actually I would also recommend The Crown, now that I think about it.

...and so would I, given that they were fucking GREAT. Watched the DVD again today, and much as I like One Man Army, I can only hope that they reform.:kickass:

Carcassian said:
...and so would I, given that they were fucking GREAT. Watched the DVD again today, and much as I like One Man Army, I can only hope that they reform.:kickass:

when i look at the quality of their material i feel that they should have been as popular as say dark tranquillity if not more so. its hard to find things not to like about them. saying that i ve still yet to hear the hell is here and the burning albums. are they excellent as well? and am i the only one who usually prefers the original crowned in terror vocals over johans? i think it had tomas' best performances ever.

I haven't heard the re-recording, but overall I'm not a big fan of Lindberg's vocals on that album, or on any album outside of At The Gates and Grotesque for that matter.

Necuratul said:
I haven't heard the re-recording, but overall I'm not a big fan of Lindberg's vocals on that album, or on any album outside of At The Gates and Grotesque for that matter.

what i like about them is that he seems more unleashed than he was in years especially when you look at the nightrage stuff. he just seemed to be giving a full throat ripping effort.

ok, the lot of you know that I don't like power metal, but I might give some a try.

recommend me some bands with aggressive arrangements that I might dig.

Status
Not open for further replies.