RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard older Pitchshifter is pretty brutal. Pitchshifter seems to have a lot of newer songs in video games that I use to play when 12.

IF DYSFUNCTION IS A FUNCTION IF DYSFUNCTION IS A FUNCTION

THEN I MUST A.....

GGGEEEENIIIUUUUSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Mr Genvin said:
Uhm someone please chuck me some good In Flames titles. And any other good Melodic Death bands.
I would probably recommend "The Jester Race" then "Colony" followed by "Whoracle". Their earlier stuff is pretty good with their first vocalist, but these released are much more mature and pretty damn perfect :kickass:

Also you should check out:

At The Gates
Dark Tranquillity
Insomnium
Amon Amarth

Malignance said:
I also noticed that Authorize's Source of Dominion has been recently re-released. Glad to see this appreciation for old-school Swedish death metal.

I recently purchased this on ebay and just waiting for it(great stuff). I think it's the reissued version.

How is Mythos 'pain amplifier'. I saw that it was finnish death metal recorded at tico tico in 94 so I could not pass up buying it. I thought maybe I would never come across it again not wanting to wait to hear it first. I'm currently waiting for it arrive and expecting it to be really good.

can anyone tell me what Witchmaster sound like? be as descriptive as possible. I was browsing Red Stream's distro and the name caught my eye.

J. said:
anyone familiar with early Scorn and early Pitchshifter?

Yes.

Early pitchshifter is utter shite, where as latter pitchshifter is pseudo-cyber nu-alterno-rock shite.

In essence, therefore, early PS is a much purer grade of shit.

The Greys said:
How is Mythos 'pain amplifier'. I saw that it was finnish death metal recorded at tico tico in 94 so I could not pass up buying it. I thought maybe I would never come across it again not wanting to wait to hear it first. I'm currently waiting for it arrive and expecting it to be really good.

That's a nice find!

I guarantee you won't be disappointed, you lucky bastard. :oops:

Anyone heard bands like Ahab or Ocean? I need more bands that play similar music. I need long slow 25 minutes tracks.

I've been listening to metal for a couple years now and ive always been able to find new music but im having a little trouble finding some good new stuff....ive listened to everything from maiden to bathory to savatage to borknagar and lots of stuff in between and i don't know where to go next with some new music...was wondering if anyone had some suggestions as to what would be good... i much like the melodic death metal scene with bands like old in flames(pre 1999), arch enemy , dark tranquility...also into some thrash like slayer...not a fan of grindcore, metalcore or nu metal(was into that a long time ago) so if anyone can help a fellow metal brethern out would be awesome!

btw... has anyone heard of melechesh...im having trouble finding ANY of thier songs and i was just wondering anyone has heard of them or know where i can find some of thier music

Status
Not open for further replies.