RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Carcassian said:
Plz: What IS the big deal with drone??????

It creates an atmosphere unlike those found in any other kind of music, it is simple yet entirely entrancing, and most of all it makes for killer studying music.

Ex-cally-boo said:
It creates an atmosphere unlike those found in any other kind of music, it is simple yet entirely entrancing, and most of all it makes for killer studying music.

Like an old fridge?

V.V.V.V.V. said:
Depressive BM: Silencer, Nagelfar, Leviathan, Wigrid

Similar to Summoning: Alkonost - Alkonost
Similar to Dying Fetus: Vomit Remnants - Supreme Entity
Similar to Bal-Sagoth: Turisas - Battle Metal

Cheers. I'm already a big fan of Turisas, and Alkonost, but I'll try out Vomit Remnants. Do you have any other bands you could recommend me? :worship:

@Carc: I guess yeah.

Drekka_Fest said:
Cheers. I'm already a big fan of Turisas, and Alkonost, but I'll try out Vomit Remnants. Do you have any other bands you could recommend me? :worship:

Wow, someone who knows Alkonost besides me! Damn. You deserve more brutal death type recs:

Godless Truth - Arrogance Of Supreme Power
Dripping - Disintegration Of Thought Patterns During A Synthetic Mind Travelling Bliss
Prostitute Disfigurement - Deeds Of Derangement

V.V.V.V.V. said:
Try Ocean Chief.

Didn't you saw that I needed bands like Ahab and Ocean? You've just recommended me Ocean. I know this band. Recommend me some other bands similar to Ocean. Or it was a joke?

V.V.V.V.V. said:
@Carc: I guess yeah.

Wow, someone who knows Alkonost besides me!
Damn. You deserve more brutal death type recs:

Godless Truth - Arrogance Of Supreme Power
Dripping - Disintegration Of Thought Patterns During A Synthetic Mind Travelling Bliss
Prostitute Disfigurement - Deeds Of Derangement

Alkonost are not that unknown, great band.

(M)aggoT said:
Didn't you saw that I needed bands like Ahab and Ocean? You've just recommended me Ocean. I know this band. Recommend me some other bands similar to Ocean. Or it was a joke?

Ocean Chief are a stoner doom band...they sound like a heavier Electric Wizard playing longer, drawn-out, sludgy songs. They're basically what you want...sorry they also have "Ocean" in the name. :p

Yes, and they are pretty fuckign good. No guitars though. Everytime I listen to them I like them more and more.

Thanks for telling me, I was curious because they are from Poland and they live in my home town called Zielona Góra (Green Mountain/Berg). I've heard they recorded some kind of movie.

Yeah. The movie is called "Intelekt Kollapse". It is a visual interpetation of music created by Profanum, inspired by such artists as Salvador Dali and movies like "Eraserhead" created by David Lynch. If "Intelekt Kollapse" is inspired by a movie like "Eraserhead" than it must be a very weird and dark creation I tell ya. "Eraserhead" is one of the weirdest movies I ever watched.

Status
Not open for further replies.