Epica
After Forever
Aghora
Ambeon
Within Temptation
Tristania
Lacuna Coil
Theater of Tragedy

You left out by far the best one which thank god doesn't sound anything like Nightwish or most of those bands:

Madder Mortem

Start with Tristania 'ashes'. I'm not sure what is so great about the older material. It's overly gothic and operatic like each band is fighting over wanting to be heard. Ashes is a really enjoyable traditional album. Nothing is overdone and each band member is not being over the top so each song is very different. Sections vocally and musically stand out being a lot more memorable.

I was thinking of buying the Autopsy DVD 'Dark Crusade', but I've read that the sound and video quality is extremely poor. Can anybody tell me if the quality is so bad that it's not worth getting for any reason other than just having it in your collection? Any information about it would be appreciated, like what are the extras like? etc.
There's rep points in it for anybody who gives me some decent feedback.

To be honest I don't get what you are asking.

Doom metal with post-rock. :lol:

give examples because i'm really clueless right now.

The Greys said:
To be honest I don't get what you are asking.

Doom metal with post-rock. :lol:

give examples because i'm really clueless right now.

stuff similar to Corrupted or early Agalloch (apparently)

Isis are good, I think. But for some reason I can't stand them too much. After a few songs it starts to annoy me. Probably thats a bad thing...

ohiogrinder said:
stuff similar to Corrupted or early Agalloch (apparently)

listen to agalloch. it isnt at all "doom with post rock" (whatever the hell that is) but if you havent heard it, its defintely worth a listen. its doom with death influenced vocals and a lot of folk mixed in.

plus their sound hasnt changed much over since pale folklore, so i dont know why anyone would say "old agalloch".

I'm looking for a death metal band. Something with some old school flavor. Sounds like Gorguts, (Old) Death, Pestilence, Cancer, Massacre, Autopsy, etc.

Any suggestions?

Reactions: Impudent
Massacra-final holocaust,enjoy the violence

On a side note.

I don't get what post-rock is. I have never heard the term being used before until now.

Eyes Of The Insane said:
I'm looking for a death metal band. Something with some old school flavor. Sounds like Gorguts, (Old) Death, Pestilence, Cancer, Massacre, Autopsy, etc.

Any suggestions?
Possessed

Status
Not open for further replies.