RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm finally listening to Soldiers of Misfortune and I think I've found what's been missing in my life. I had listened to their older albums, and enjoyed them, but nothing like this. Recommended for any thrash fan.

Mort Divine said:
Belenos - Spicilege
Stargazer - The Scream That Tore The Sky
Evoken - Antithesis of Light
!T.O.O.H.! - Rad a trest
Kronos - Collosal Titan Strife
Scholomance - The Immortality Murder
Thanks... I already have Kronos, and I just checked the !T.O.O.H.! and Scholomance. They're all pretty good... I'm gonna check the rest too, thanks... But I think I should really change my question...

I want something that's as brutal, yet soo beautiful at the same time... :)

The Greys said:
War At The Warfield blows.
I wouldn't go that far. It's got a lot of songs on it, though some of them are sucky latter day material.

Krig said:
where the hel can I get more Belenos at?
from the fucking US

No where really, they are so fucking hard to get ANYTHING aside from Chants De Bataille over here. Ebay occasionally has demos of theirs, but I've never seen a copy of their album Spicilege (aside from their label with it sold out) selling for less than 70 dollars around places like music stack.

nissan said:
Thanks... I already have Kronos, and I just checked the !T.O.O.H.! and Scholomance. They're all pretty good... I'm gonna check the rest too, thanks... But I think I should really change my question...

I want something that's as brutal, yet soo beautiful at the same time... :)

Belenos will fit that, well they are not very "brutal" as they are black metal but certainly beautiful.

Reactions: nissan
Im looking at getting some more symphonic black metal...ive got some enslaved and emperor but does anyone recommend some more bands i can sink my teeth into?

Looking for female fronted underground metal? You might like some of these:

Epica
After Forever
Aghora
Ambeon
Within Temptation
Tristania
Lacuna Coil
Theater of Tragedy

IF1997 said:
Im looking at getting some more symphonic black metal...ive got some enslaved and emperor but does anyone recommend some more bands i can sink my teeth into?
Abigor - Supreme Immortal Art
Morker - Den Sista Utfarden

Impudent said:
I wouldn't go that far. It's got a lot of songs on it, though some of them are sucky latter day material.

Agreed. It has a good deal of their better songs, and of course it's going to have a bunch of shit on there as well.

Certainly Still Reigning > War though

The Greys said:
Majority of times bands that don't emphasize on brutality or heavyness have the best of those terms when they actually step into a more extreme direction. That's just my opinion. This goes for anything not just brutality or heaviness.

If you have a 40 minute cd with 4 blastbeats or 3 heavy parts those parts are going to be faster or more heavy than a band that is those things all the time.

That's how I see things when it comes to music. Not just heavyness but in general about organization and well placing parts to make them stand out like a sore thumb so they appear faster or brutal/ heavy or extreme and atmospheric,etc... in a general way. Five blastbeats on a cd will sound more faster than a cd that always has blastbeats regardless if the blastbeats were the same speed. This is in general regardless if it's blastbeats or heavy parts WHATEVER.

The ending to opeth 'a fair judgement' sounds more heavy and extreme than any texas death metal bands to my ears.

agreed for the most part. overuse of any one musical approach can weaken its effect. to look a different genre when i hear dragonforce i hear crazy, long, technically mindblowing solos at warp speed but because every solo in every song fits into that catagory it loses its intrigue and i have to look for other aspects to find enjoyment. i also find death bands that use constant time shifts can get carried away and while i do like time/signature changes i find they work way better when used only occasionaly.

Impudent said:

It has good songs. I don't like majority of the songs and don't want to skip around on the DVD because a concert should be watched from the beginning to the end. Since I can't watch it straight through don't watch it period. My parents bought me it. If I would have seen the tracklisting would never have bought it. Still Reigning has no bullshit at all and that's the real deal when it comes to slayer(every second).

Status
Not open for further replies.