RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eyes Of The Insane said:
I'm already a big fan of them.

I'm told the Deathbreath album is a homage to very old skool death metal.

Best of old skool that springs immediately to mind -

Kaamos
Evocation
Flesh
Serpent Obscene

ohiogrinder said:
what is some black metal artists/albums that are similar to Deathspell Omega?
Old or new? I haven't come across anything like Kenose or the lengthy single songs. Kriegsmaschine sort of sounds like a mix of the older and newer style. I'm sure there are quite a few things sounding like the older material. Clandestine Blaze is a related band, so you might want to look into that. Check out Mgla too. The Crushing the Holy Trinity collection is a good place to start for CB and Mgla.

Spectacular Views said:
averse sefira's tetragrammatical astygmata is heavily influenced by smrc-era dso
Oddly enough I just referenced this album in the ANUS thread. I find it quite mediocre, and more influenced by Pure Holocaust. I sort of hear the SMRC influence, but I wonder with how long it took them to get the album out if they hadn't written quite a bit of it before SMRC actually came out.

V.V.V.V.V. said:
Rock based music using electric instrumentation, but opting for a completely different aesthetic and emotional feel than typical rock music...usually it's expansive, cathartic, and epic.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Post-rock

basically postrock goes repetition repetition repetition repetition repetition repetition repetition repetition repetition CRESCENDO and every song is like that and 10-20 minutes long

i like it

Eyes Of The Insane said:
I'm looking for a death metal band. Something with some old school flavor. Sounds like Gorguts, (Old) Death, Pestilence, Cancer, Massacre, Autopsy, etc.

Any suggestions?

Nocturnus - The Key
Brutality - Screams of Anguish
Seance - Fornever Laid To Rest
Loudblast - Sublime Dementia
Morpheus Descends - Ritual of Infinity
Merciless - The Awakening
Cadaver - ...In Pains
Authorize - The Source of Dominion
Afterlife - Surreality
Creepmime - Shadows
Master - On the Seventh Day God Created... Master

These seem to fit the bill accurately.

And yeah, check out Torchure.

Everything Malignance said, but add:

Massacra - Final Holocaust

EDIT: I'm not quite sure Creepmime fits to what he's looking for, but the album is great, so check it out anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.