RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Miasma is brilliant old-school death metal; stunningly heavy, incredibly well-written, and perfectly executed. Their only album, Changes, is pretty much a staple of the genre (and my third favorite old-school DM release).

They have a really deep, heavy sound...read GoD's review of their LP on M-A, it gives a good idea as to the cavernous tone of the album.

Hmm i have to check them out then... i love old-school dm. Thanks.
edit: by the way, which are your first two old-school dm releases then? :D

Cuz they're fairly typical SOTS-era At The Gates worship fused with modern Americore style. It's really very sterile sounding to me, but their first CD has some good ideas. Miasma however, sucks.

Gorgoroth's first two are unmissable Norwegian black metal classics. Fuck the naysayers.

Immo, you'll definitely like Miasma. As VVVVV said, it's brilliant old school death metal, along the lines of Therion's masterpiece, Beyond Sanctorum, with a good deal of thrash influence. Changes currently ranks as my favourite death metal album, period.

Malignance said:
Gorgoroth's first two are unmissable Norwegian black metal classics. Fuck the naysayers.

Immo, you'll definitely like Miasma. As VVVVV said, it's brilliant old school death metal, along the lines of Therion's masterpiece, Beyond Sanctorum, with a good deal of thrash influence. Changes currently ranks as my favourite death metal album, period.
Not as fantastic as Beyond Sanctorum but close enough:)

Love Songs is good, but seeing as it only has one original song (The Unbearable Ressurection of a Suspicious Character hardly counts), I cannot fathom how anyone could possibly perceive it to be better. Granted, that one original song rules - as does the live song - but it has ridiculously weak production.

Malignance said:
Love Songs is good, but seeing as it only has one original song (The Unbearable Ressurection of a Suspicious Character hardly counts), I cannot fathom how anyone could possibly perceive it to be better. Granted, that one original song rules - as does the live song - but it has ridiculously weak production.

Exactly. The lyrics to the original song are fucking insane, though, heh. The Unbearable Resurrection is pretty goofy/cheesy. It's a good little EP, but Changes is a masterpiece.

V.V.V.V.V. said:
Exactly. The lyrics to the original song are fucking insane, though, heh. The Unbearable Resurrection is pretty goofy/cheesy. It's a good little EP, but Changes is a masterpiece.

Yep. The lyrics are pretty weird, and I think it's safe to say they're an accurate reflection of the vocalists' persona, especially after hearing his insane ranting at the beginning of Morbid Knocking (Alive). :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.