RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Necrophagist aren't as "cool" to listen to as they used to be, and the gimmick has sort of worn off to these ears; that's not to say they're sans merit, though...I like to listen to a few songs off their (his, actually) first CD here and there. It's also good to annoy/impress the fuck out of people with.

The current best tech-death bands are:

Gorod
Spawn Of Possession
Gory Blister
Anata

Edit: Necrophagia are horrible.

Yeah they became shit circa Tone(s) Of Hate. Fragments Of Insanity and Mater Of All Evil are fucking great black-thrashers, worthy of praise in any circle in that style, for sure. The latter also has a very enigmatic title and I don't think we've figured out if it's a typo or just random Latin for no reason ("Mater" = "Mother" in Latin).

Or you could take it literally and interpret it along the lines of 'Procreation Of The Wicked'... haha

Mike27 said:
How about some good symphonic/melodic black metal? No obvious stuff.

Veneficum - Enigma Prognosis

xxbigdavexx117 said:
hey guys about some DM??

I like DM: good production, good heavy but at least moderately coherent vocals, as technical as possible, interesting lyrics, heavy off course but with as much as melody as possible

Depresy's A Grand Magnificence or Sighting.

swizzlenuts said:
:lol: I get into a shift crazy mood sometimes and just capitolize random things. I like De mysteriis dom Sathanas so much, I just don't ever care to put on Deathcrush, but this makes me think Deathcrush is at least worth hearing.

I actually gave it a second listen, its not as bad as I remember it. still nothing compared to De Mysteriis, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.