RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just because you got ignored doesn't mean this thread is worthless. You would've gotten ignored if you made your own thread anyway.

^Probably wouldn't have gotten ignored. Sure everyone wouldn't gotten pissed off and had a flame war, but I still would've gotten the rec's. O well, I saved the money I was gonna spend yesterday so I can go at any time now :)

Funeral Portrait said:
I've been in the mood lately for some new slam-death style bands. Can anyone recommend some stuff along the lines of Stabwound, Wormed, or old Dying Fetus?

Carnivore Diprosopus, Goretrade, Cenotaph, Insidious Decrepancy, Dripping, Vomit Remnants, Inveracity...

Not all slammy, but all awesome.

Funeral Portrait said:
I've been in the mood lately for some new slam-death style bands. Can anyone recommend some stuff along the lines of Stabwound, Wormed, or old Dying Fetus?

I recommend you stay away from slam-death, especially Dying Fetus :puke:

NAHHHH fuck that, slam-death kicks your anus! I agree...fuck Dying Fetus (well...old stuff like he said is OK deathgrind...), but still.

V.V.V.V.V. said:
Carnivore Diprosopus, Goretrade, Cenotaph, Insidious Decrepancy, Dripping, Vomit Remnants, Inveracity...

Not all slammy, but all awesome.

Right on, I'll have to check out the first 3 you mentioned.

Good to see someone knows about Dripping, those guys are insane.

witchhunterni said:
I wanna hear some doom metal. What do I need to to start with? Go on, give me some good bands.

Black Sabbath
Candlemass
Saint Vitus
Trouble
Pentagram (US)
Cathedral
Witchfinder General
Reverend Bizarre
Isole
The Gates Of Slumber
Solitude Aeturnus
Solstice

witchhunterni said:
I wanna hear some doom metal. What do I need to to start with? Go on, give me some good bands.
Black Forest - Sadness
November's Doom - Sculptured Ivy and Stone Flowers
Saturnus - Paradise Belongs To You
Silent Stream of Godless Elegy - Relic Dances
Thorr's Hammer - Dommedagsnatt

Those are probably my favorites.

Status
Not open for further replies.