RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was going to mention them, but I'm honestly not familiar with them myself. You can check out Orodruin though. And of course Reverend Bizarre, but everyone listens to them by now.

Yeah I'm familiar with both of those. *thumbs up*

Myrdraal struck me as semi-typical. Decadent made a good call on the cool atmosphere, though. Hirilorn is totally great.

I'm looking for some brutal death that isn't too simplistic and has production at least as good as or better than Wormed: Planisphaerium. (I like to be able to hear what they are playing.)

And any more tech death would be greatly appreciated.

Good (at least semi-)clear brutal death:

Saprogenic - The Wet Sound Of Flesh On Concrete
Guttural Secrete - Artistic Creation With Cranial Stumps (EP)
Deeds Of Flesh - Path Of The Weakening
Woundeep - Weapons Of Mass Protection (demo)
Disconformity - Depravation Of Stigma (EP)
Gored - Incinerate The Vanquished
Corphagy - This
Kevlar Skin - The Bereaved (EP)
Hyonblud - 2006 Demo (demo, obviously)

Tech-death:

Dominion - Born God And Aware
Pavor - Furioso
Blastfame - Abstract Evolution

i did not like Myrddraal's "Falling Sky". but Blood on the Mountain is quite amazing, especially the last song. very good atmosphere, but not in any generic sinister way.

Is it me or does Alienation Mental sound like korn ?. How can people listen to shit like this band.

Re: Alienation Mental:

Uh, only one album does. Psychopathicolorspectrum is obviously nu-metal/mallcore with death/grind parts here and there. It's unmistakable. However, most of Ball Spouter is fantastic heavy brutal death metal.

I'm listening to their song "Dagor Bragollach" on their myspace from that album. It's an epic symphonic piece but no guitars. I suppose the rest of the album is closer to metal?

I'm listening to their song "Dagor Bragollach" on their myspace from that album. It's an epic symphonic piece but no guitars. I suppose the rest of the album is closer to metal?

I think that one is from Oath Bound, which is less metal than the rest of their albums. I'd say either Minas, Dol Goldur, or Stronghold. Stronghold hit me the hardest.

Status
Not open for further replies.