RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
pretty much all "dark" electronic music is fucking cheesy garbage imo.....except dubstep (specifically Burial) but that's a much more gritty and urban kind of darkness rather than the fantastical gothiness of the genres you mentioned.....imo :I

do u like dark ambient?

pretty much all "dark" electronic music is fucking cheesy garbage imo.....except dubstep (specifically Burial) but that's a much more gritty and urban kind of darkness rather than the fantastical gothiness of the genres you mentioned.....imo :I

edit: i guess we can agree on ishkur being a dick though

There's plenty of great dark electronic music. Saying that pretty much all dark electronic music is fucking cheesy garbage is like saying pretty much all metal is fucking cheesy garbage (which in your case might actually be how you feel, I honestly can't tell anymore). Either way you're basically wrong.

edit: i guess we can agree on ishkur being a dick though

Different strokes for different folks. I'll look into Burial because I know nothing of dubstep. Barely related - what's your opinion on Boards of Canada? And yeah I can agree with your edit, but I do have to applaude him for the effort gone into his website..

The only BoC I've heard is Music Has The Right to Children....It's kinda enjoyable but I find it a little cheesy in places. Obviously it's pretty damn accessible to people unfamiliar with electronica which is why it's so popular, but maybe that's why it doesn't appeal to me so much also; it seems to have a sense of melody that isn't really anything unique to electronic music, whereas I prefer the less self-consciously "epic", more fractured nature of the music a group like Autechre.

I like it for what it is but I don't really get why it's so critically acclaimed I guess

The new Boards of Canada is good. I like it better than Music Has The Right...

Well I say new, I mean latest. It's actually like a year old already or something.

There's plenty of great dark electronic music. Saying that pretty much all dark electronic music is fucking cheesy garbage is like saying pretty much all metal is fucking cheesy garbage (which in your case might actually be how you feel, I honestly can't tell anymore). Either way you're basically wrong.

im sure there is but all that coldwave, darkwave, ebm nonsense just strikes me as silly

Recommend me some Death Metal with deep guttural vocals, I mean seriously deep, like the Sanatorium guy when he's doing deep vocals deep. Super awesome drumming would also be nice.
Devourment! Vomit Remnants (more of a really deep growl but still good), and although I'm not too familiar with Liturgy and Disgorge (yet) they both have Matti Way, who I've heard is very deep.

The new Boards of Canada is good. I like it better than Music Has The Right...

Well I say new, I mean latest. It's actually like a year old already or something.

BoC ftw.
Are you talking about Trans Canada highway (EP released this year) or Campfire Headphase (LP released last year)? I haven't heard Trans Canada Highway, but Campfire Headphase is immense.

BoC ftw.
Are you talking about Trans Canada highway (EP released this year) or Campfire Headphase (LP released last year)? I haven't heard Trans Canada Highway, but Campfire Headphase is immense.

Campfire Headphase. Didn't know about that EP, I haven't heard it either.

Can we shut up about that. Anyway, the wiggeriest death metal is Soils Of Fate. Uber-simplistic brutal death with retarded amounts of groove.

I'll second that. It's like wiggers playing death metal.

Exactly. It's like a bunch wiggers from Texas with a shitty perception of what death metal is. I have talked about death metal with the vocalist and he knows just about jackshit.

Status
Not open for further replies.