RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yay or Nay

Centinex- Subconscious Lobotomy

Recorded at Studio Sunlight July 1992 Produced and mixed by Tomas Skogsberg.

Massacra-signs of the decline 1992. I already have and enjoy the first two.

Since the band has a good ammount of albums that did not help. Bands following albums tend to sound nothing like the first one. thanks anyways

Yay or Nay

Centinex- Subconscious Lobotomy

Recorded at Studio Sunlight July 1992 Produced and mixed by Tomas Skogsberg.

Massacra-signs of the decline 1992. I already have and enjoy the first two.

Yes.

Subconcious Lobotomy is the standard Swedeath affair, but still worthwhile for avid fans like ourselves.

Signs of the Decline is a slight step down in quality from Massacra's first two. There's more thrash influence, and it tends to drag near the end, but it's still good.

I've just re-discovered Tiamat's The Astral Sleep; awesome atmospheric death metal.

the whole term "goth" is misused, such as stereotyping people as goths because they dress in all black, with weird hair and piercings...thats not goth at all, people dont even know what goth is

the whole term "goth" is misused, such as stereotyping people as goths because they dress in all black, with weird hair and piercings...thats not goth at all, people dont even know what goth is

There is no universal definition for goth. Seriously this has been debated to no end.

Calling Dead Can Dance "goth music" is highly misleading.

Agreed. Comparing Dead Can Dance and Fields of the Nephilim is comparing two quite different things. Both are great bands, Fields have some quality material but I find a lot of their albums are inconsistent - containing exceptionally pants-jizzing awesome songs with ones that bore me.

A good article to find out more about similar bands and a lot of electronica is here. Click hardcore, then click EBM, and there is descriptions of different styles (industrial, industrial rock, EBM, electro industrial, futurepop, synthpop, goth, ethereal, darkwave, coldwave, experimental, darksynth - if any of these appeal to you, check the site for a list of bands and streaming samples). I've been told it's fairly accurate, so check it out. Edit: Except for the "insightful"-ly biased descriptions of genres at times, which is annoying. But listen to the tunes and get a feel for it.

For Death:

Human vs. Individual Thought Patterns: which one is better?

For Dissection:

How is The Somberlain? What about Reinkaos?

For Bloodbath:

Where should I begin?

In general:

What are some generally good death metal albums that I should check out?

If you could PM your recommendations to me, that would be much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.