RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
recommend me some polish/Ukrainian, and some baltic black metal.

Abyssic Hate (Poland), Русская Зима (Russian Winter (Russia)), Hate Forest (Ukraine), Lucifugum (Ukraine), Astrofaes (Ukraine), Sunwheel (Poland), Darzamat (Poland)

Hey, new here so I don't know if I'm posting this in the right spot but here goes.

Recently I've gotten bored of the bands I now listen to and was wondering if anyone can give me some recommendations based on some of the bands I listen to now:

Winter Solstice
Trivium
As I Lay Dying
In Flames
Dry Kill Logic
Shadows Fall
Slipknot
Devil Driver
Bloodbath
Lamb of God
Underoath

My favorite bands out of there are Winter Solstice and As I Lay Dying so I was looking for more in the genres of those two. Yes, I realize this is more "scream-o" than the metal most of you probably listen to, but I like almost any kind. Also please don't reply just to bitch about the music I like if you don't. Thanks for any help. :headbang:

God Forbid (you'll like it)
Opeth
Mastodon
Isis

God Forbid (you'll like it)
Opeth
Mastodon
Isis

Isis?.. I don't think so...

@invoke:

Perimeter (Russia)
Mnemic
Soilwork
Fingers Eleven
Static-X
Naglfar
Bucket Full Of Teeth
Goatwhore
Amon Amarth
Glass Casket
maybe Legion Of The Damned
maybe Wolven Ancestry
umm... Mudvayne?

Hey, new here so I don't know if I'm posting this in the right spot but here goes.

Recently I've gotten bored of the bands I now listen to and was wondering if anyone can give me some recommendations based on some of the bands I listen to now:

Winter Solstice
Trivium
As I Lay Dying
In Flames
Dry Kill Logic
Shadows Fall
Slipknot
Devil Driver
Bloodbath
Lamb of God
Underoath

My favorite bands out of there are Winter Solstice and As I Lay Dying so I was looking for more in the genres of those two. Yes, I realize this is more "scream-o" than the metal most of you probably listen to, but I like almost any kind. Also please don't reply just to bitch about the music I like if you don't. Thanks for any help. :headbang:

All That Remains
Chimaira
Threat Signal
Kreator
Infernal Majesty
Nevermore
Disarmonia Mundi
Mercenary
Neuraxis
Scar Symmetry
Sentenced
Dismember

Bloodbath
:

Edge of Sanity-unorthodox,the spectral sorrows,purgatory afterglow. Dan Swano is in Bloodbath. Bloodbath is basically 'unorthodox' meets entombed so you should like this band. Dan Swano write's half of the music in Bloodbath and majority of the music in EoS.

God Macabre-the winterlong

Unleashed-shadows in the deep,where no life dwells

Entombed-left hand path,clandestine

Dismember-like an everflowing streem

Grave-you'll never see,into the grave

Uncanny-Splenium For Nyktophobia

Carnage-dark recollections

Hypocrisy-abducted

There is some other swedish DM i'm not going to recomend because you probably will not be able to find any of it. If you hear all these craving more ask. Bloodbath is basically a newer retrospective version of these albums and this early 90's scene

Some other bands that have or had members from Bloodbath you might enjoy.

Katatonia
Diabolical Masquerade
October Tide
Opeth
Pan Thy Monium
Ribspreader

So what is melodic thrash?

Darkane (and maybe Amoral) would be considered melo(dic) death. And The Crown/Crown of Thorns may be considered death metal depending on who you ask (especially with Eternal Death)

Anacrusis don't really have growling vocals. The singer very often roams into high/falsetto territory. 'Progressive thrash" I guess could be synonymous with "melodic thrash" (at least in Anacrusis's terms). It's more thrash than death and a wee more technical/melodic

Abyssic Hate (Poland), Русская Зима (Russian Winter (Russia)), Hate Forest (Ukraine), Lucifugum (Ukraine), Astrofaes (Ukraine), Sunwheel (Poland), Darzamat (Poland)

Sunwheel are fucking excellent. I think V5 told me about them, and I am grateful :headbang:

Damn, you're right. I always thought they were Polish, but now I see they are Australian. Got confused, sorry.

Was gonna get all high and mighty about that one. Got beaten to the punch.

Actually I think Shane lives in Ireland now, so Abyssic Hate are unofficially an Irish band.

Status
Not open for further replies.