RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, I need some neofolk (or anything similar for that matter) recs in the vein of Forseti, Of the Wand and the Moon, Sol Invictus, Tenhi, etc.

Anyone know anything good? (It doesn't have to be metal either, but I would prefer a folky sound (I don't care where the folk originates: be it irish, icelandic, french, or whatever).

Alright, I need some neofolk (or anything similar for that matter) recs in the vein of Forseti, Of the Wand and the Moon, Sol Invictus, Tenhi, etc.

Anyone know anything good? (It doesn't have to be metal either, but I would prefer a folky sound (I don't care where the folk originates: be it irish, icelandic, french, or whatever).
Ukrainian folk - http://www.atmasfera.info/eng_forgotten_love
You can download there, but those are demos though.
I also have an armenian folk album with duduk and stuff. I can upload, if it's really needed.

Harmaa (essential if you listen to Tenhi)
Corona Borealis
Current 93
Death In June
Fejd
Procer Veneficus
Hagalaz Runedance
Carved In Stone
In Gowan Ring
Naervaer
October Falls
Piorun
Gjallerhorn
SIG AR TYR
Sieben
Stille Volk
Tribes of Neurot

some of em aren't exactly "neo folk" but they get pretty damn close and you should check them out anyway

mmm try some: darkwood, nebelung, sonne hagal, orplid, neutral, ataraxia (vocals might be an acquired taste), werkraum, graumahd, the moon and the night spirit... This covers a bunch of different styles

p.s download that stuff neurotica linked, it's really goood!! (too bad they're samples)

EDIT: listen to unknown for stille volk, they rule.

Reactions: unknown
listen to Daughters. and listen to Dillinger again. and if you still don't get it, then you fail.
Sorry, what I meant to say was I find the DEP to be too hardcorish esp. the vocals. I will check out Daughters...

The style of music you're looking for is quite readily available - Nile, Hate Eternal, Kataklysm, Krisiun et al. If you're looking for more underground, try some death/grind, and ask ohiogrinder for recommendations, because I'm fairly ignorant of this genre.
I readily listen to those bands mentioned....but I want to hear something more in a Thrashy vien....

If you want something really fast listen to Evoken.
very funny

FAST =

Municipal Waste
Excel
Attitude Adjustement
Lethal Aggression
Rytmihairio
Suicidal Tendencies
Whermacht
DRI
Cryptic Slaughter
Crumbsuckers

pretty much any crossover bands... otherwise check out power violence bands in your into hardcore-ish stuff (it's really fast, like extreme hardcore sounds a bit like grind):

Charles Bronson
Kent Bronkman
Spazz
Infest
Fuck on the Beach
Lack of Interest
Hellnation

yes that's pretty much what I know in power violence.

someone made me that power violence bands list a while back but there was some bands I couldn't find out, you might have more luck than me:

lack of interest
no less
agents of satan
despise you
charles bronson
avulsion
excruciating terror
man is the bastard
in//humanity
no comment
otophobia
real reggae
plutocracy
godstomper
Spazz
Infest
Crossed Out
Fuck on the Beach
Voorhees
Suppression
Neanderthal
Manpig
Capitalist Casualities
Iron Lung

:)

FAST =

Municipal Waste
Excel
Attitude Adjustement
Lethal Aggression
Rytmihairio
Suicidal Tendencies
Whermacht
DRI
Cryptic Slaughter
Crumbsuckers

pretty much any crossover bands... otherwise check out power violence bands in your into hardcore-ish stuff (it's really fast, like extreme hardcore sounds a bit like grind):

Charles Bronson
Kent Bronkman
Spazz
Infest
Fuck on the Beach
Lack of Interest
Hellnation

yes that's pretty much what I know in power violence.

someone made me that power violence bands list a while back but there was some bands I couldn't find out, you might have more luck than me:

lack of interest
no less
agents of satan
despise you
charles bronson
avulsion
excruciating terror
man is the bastard
in//humanity
no comment
otophobia
real reggae
plutocracy
godstomper
Spazz
Infest
Crossed Out
Fuck on the Beach
Voorhees
Suppression
Neanderthal
Manpig
Capitalist Casualities
Iron Lung

:)

Cheers :kickass:

Omnia

umm i just broke my cheapo radio shack headphones and now im looking for a new set that might be of higher quality and longer lasting

whats a good brand/model i can get preferably for around 75 bux thanks gmd i know you can help a metal brotha out...:kickass:

Senheiser HD212
senheiserHD212.jpg

Not too expensive with good quality punchy sound. I used a pair for ages before upgrading to HD25's, which are pretty much the ultimate headphones.

Recommend me some of the fastest bands you have ever heard...ready, set, go!

Brutal Truth - Extreme Conditions Demand Extreme Responses

Super fast.

Reactions: ~Neurotica
Status
Not open for further replies.