RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Melodic metalcore stuff'll do that to you; ever wonder how Raunchy or It Dies Today got to be amazing by my standards?; catchiness.

I need stuff like Bloodbath - Nightmares Made Flesh. No need to mention Dan Swano's other bands since I will check them out on my own.

Anyone who says DEP is "undeniably" better than Unearth is just asking for a flame war...
:D

I told you, DEP are not for everyone.
They are damn great though. I think they are fantastic. They are difficult, rich and chaotic. Full of contradictions and contrasts in their music. They mix jazz with metal, they are some kind of philosophy.
And I think they are the best in their sphere. The next ones are probably Ion Dissonance.

Regardless Bloodbath not being unoriginal I can't think of any other new tribute bands similiar or nearly as good. Bloodbath is much better than carcass,suffocation and cannibal corpse bland emulation bands. Bloodbath has a lot of darkened melody over the music which is not something you hear in newer death metal or majority of death metal period. Ander's harmonies are pretty unique imo. A small number of older swedish and finland death metal bands have this style.

Regardless Bloodbath not being unoriginal I can't think of any other new tribute bands similiar or nearly as good. Bloodbath is much better than carcass,suffocation and cannibal corpse bland emulation bands. Bloodbath has a lot of darkened melody over the music which is not something you hear in newer death metal or majority of death metal period. Ander's harmonies are pretty unique imo.

Ribspreader shit all over Bloodbath.

Ribspreader shit all over Bloodbath.

I disagree. I really like anders darkened melodies and bands like this don't have them. I feel he really expands on these more than any bands did in the early 90's and it's really important in this speceific style to use them. He's not just rehashing them and adding his own twist.

Ribspeader is not bad but generic imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.