RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the Burlington one but the last time I was there, which is admittedly around 2 years ago (so this info may very well be uber dated), they didn't have a section devoted solely to metal; the one in Nashua, NH does (the one I frequent, aka).

The one in Harvard Square seems to have the best selection of metal. Then the one in Burlington. The one at Fresh Pond has a weak metal selection.

Heh. The selection at all three seems to me very similar. Fresh Pond tends to have more $10 albums that sell higher at other stores.

Like I said, make the extra trip to Nashua, New Hampshire! It's probably like an hour and a half away from you guys but it has a big metal section!

The one in Newton Upper Falls has a substantial Metal/Hardcore section to itself, and I've found some gems there too.

But I'll be sure to check out the Nashua store next time I drive up to Maine myself.

Yeah but I love the feeling of going into record stores and shopping in reality other than just perusing a website and waiting a week (plus in some cases!) to get my CDs. I also like used CDs and purchase them nigh-exclusively.

Being that my collection is still relatively small, I can easily go to a store like FYE and the like and find something I want. I usually won't buying anything, though, if I don't really want it, just in case I find something like that elsewhere.

EDIT: Recommendation time:

Cryptopsy - Once Was Not: Yay or Nay?

Their album Made Of Flesh is great.

What I have heard from it's cool. Fleshcrawl's last couple are more swedish death metal sounding.

... and I just noticed they do a Demigod,Demilich, and Slayer cover. I can't wait to hear these. Impurity and Bloodsoul are not to much different from Descend.. except the structures are more pop like.

From my post pages and pages ago, I have also checked out Dark Tribe - In Jeraspunta - Die Rueckkehr Der Tollwuetigen Bestie. Its very good, I especially like the vocals. One of the tracks towards the start of the album rules - I'm trying to find it at the moment, but the sound on my computer is totally different to the computer I listened to it on last night. I think it was the second track "The Seed" though. Thanks for the rec.

I would imagine people who like Dark Tribe would also tend to like Portal (aus). I don't particularly, but it is similarly chaotic, but less audible (a little mudier) and more obscure.

Status
Not open for further replies.