RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've heard Bathory, CoF, some Emperor. I just didn't get into it as much as, say, Venom (who seem to me to be a little more speed metal).

I mean if anyone can reccommend good bands I'll try them out, but Danzig own all the shit I've heard. My girlfriend likes Mayhem alot but she's never played me any. Just tells me I should like them :/

I think stupid lyrics are stupid, I find most satanic lyrics stupid. Not because they're satanic.

Most of the 'satanic' bands I see/hear about seem to be on the fucking bandwagon, whereas Danzig, Venom, etc. sang about Satan not because it would sell more records but because they thought it was cool shit to sing about.

Not sure what you're looking for but Mayhem is probably not for you. If you like Danzig so much maybe you'll like Black Label Society or Corrosion of Conformity.:confused:

Oh, Venom definitely exploited the Satanic imagery to sell records. Any claim to the contrary is absurd. The lyrics written by the Norwegian bands that you seem to hate are far more genuine, and for the most part are not even remotely Satanic. Regardless, you can't even fucking hear what they're saying anyway.

I find Black Label Society too repetitive. I don't know much about Venom, so pardon my ignorance. Listening to Burzum and it's pretty decent actually. Stupid of me to make a generalization about black metal, sorry. I really don't know much about it.

I think stupid lyrics are stupid, I find most satanic lyrics stupid. Not because they're satanic.

Most of the 'satanic' bands I see/hear about seem to be on the fucking bandwagon, whereas Danzig, Venom, etc. sang about Satan not because it would sell more records but because they thought it was cool shit to sing about.
Venom definitely had satanic lyrics to stand out and sell more records.

Danzig was fucking brilliant until Blackacidevil. Circle of Snakes was a return to form though. What the fuck is wrong with singing about fucking and demons and gore? He wasn't in it for the money or anything. He was consistently innovative, not a commercial whore.

I used to only listen to punk and then Danzig got me into metal. For that I'm thankful at least.

I need some black/thrash recommendations. stuff thats mostly thrash with a slight black metal feel.

Status
Not open for further replies.