RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm going to add to the saint vitus worship. i ordered 2 sv t-shirts that will be in soon. ohio what sv besides COD have you listened to?

Alright, anyone with a knowledge in metalcore could you suggest me some good non-obvious and awesome metalcore. Stuff like Architects would be cool.

Mournful Cries is the only Vitus I've really not grown attached to, but if I listen to it more it might click. I recommend giving the albums with Reagers (Self-titled and Die Healing) a chance.

Mournful Cries is the only Vitus I've really not grown attached to, but if I listen to it more it might click. I recommend giving the albums with Reagers (Self-titled and Die Healing) a chance.

any distros carry these albums?

Mournful Cries and V are some of the most depressing albums I have heard.

I don't look into distros often so I'm not on top of things, however I do know that their material is often hard to find. Born Too Late, Mournful Cries, and V are easily the most readily available (all were stocked in a local metal store here), but I havn't actively searched for hard copies of anything else. I havn't seen Die Healing, despite being their most recent output, but I'm sure if you look you can find it. Necuratul might know.

Edit: Their myspace used to have a track from their self-titled, but it's been updated and now doesn't...

... so grindcore is more memorable and has better song writing than saint vitus ?

The Wino albums (including the Live album) are the most easily acquired, and the Heavier Than Thou comp can occasionally be located as well.

I heartily recommend that everyone should check out Coroner - "Grin". One of the most underrated masterpieces ever. Everyone remembers them for their earlier tech-thrash stuff, but Grin is thoughtful, laid back and immaculately produced groove metal.

Give me some more old school European death I haven't heard of (I've heard of A LOT).

Hmm, try some of these.

Abhoth - Forever to be Vanished Therein
Bloodstone (Swe) - Hour of the Gate
Chemical Breath - Fatal Exposure
Delirium (Hol) - Zzoouhh
Disaffected - Vast
Electrocution - Inside the Unreal
Hazael (Pol) - Thor
Internal Decay - A Forgotten Dream
Jumpin' Jesus - The Art of Crucifying
Krabathor - Only Our Death is Welcome
Magnus (Pol) I Was Watching My Death
Mystic Charm - Shadows of the Unknown
Necropsy (Ger) - Some Dark Impressions
Polluted Inheritance - Ecocide
Sororicide - The Entity
Spina Bifida - Ziyadah
Supuration - The Cube
Traumatic Voyage - Traumatic Voyage and Traumatized...
Unbounded Terror - Nest of Affliction

I heartily recommend that everyone should check out Coroner - "Grin". One of the most underrated masterpieces ever. Everyone remembers them for their earlier tech-thrash stuff, but Grin is thoughtful, laid back and immaculately produced groove metal.

Will check... Thank :danceboy:

Someone recommend me something absolutely amazing. I don't mind what it is... I just want to be amazed.

Status
Not open for further replies.