RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
The original recording sounds much better than the remastered reissue. One of the finest death metal cds without a doubt.

Hmm, try some of these.

Abhoth - Forever to be Vanished Therein
Bloodstone (Swe) - Hour of the Gate
Chemical Breath - Fatal Exposure
Delirium (Hol) - Zzoouhh
Disaffected - Vast
Electrocution - Inside the Unreal
Hazael (Pol) - Thor
Internal Decay - A Forgotten Dream
Jumpin' Jesus - The Art of Crucifying
Krabathor - Only Our Death is Welcome
Magnus (Pol) I Was Watching My Death
Mystic Charm - Shadows of the Unknown
Necropsy (Ger) - Some Dark Impressions
Polluted Inheritance - Ecocide
Sororicide - The Entity
Spina Bifida - Ziyadah
Supuration - The Cube
Traumatic Voyage - Traumatic Voyage and Traumatized...
Unbounded Terror - Nest of Affliction
Cool, thanks. I haven't heard half of those, and some I haven't even heard of.

Any good death/power metal like Children of Bodom, later Behemoth, Kataklysm? The faster the better. Preferably more well produced shit (like CoB) where the guitar can be appreciated best.

Any Recommendations for atmospheric black metal would be much appreciated. Something along the lines of Blut Aus Nord's The Work Which Transforms God, Deathspell Omega's Si Monumentum Requires Circumspace, or any The Ruins of Beverast material.

So, 3rd wave stuff with a definite 2nd wave aesthetic (at LEAST...)...?

Check out the new Katharsis, VVorld VVithout End. It rules.

Just Children of Bodom, then. Behemoth seemed somewhat similar to my ignorant ears in terms of breakneck tempo, screaming rather than singing, etc, and Kataklysm and CoB are very fucking similar. Minus the singing (which differs greatly, I prefer Kataklysm more) they sound surprisingly similar minus keyboards on Kataklysm's part. Admittedly the keyboards add alot to CoB's sound, but I really like the pounding Kataklym guitar enough for it not to matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.