RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is Sabbat - Mourning has Broken? I never hear anything but their first two mentioned.

Not really very good...and Martin Walkyier was gone at that point, and his replacement was...less than ideal, vocally and lyrically. You don't really need to hear it, to be honest.

Not really very good...and Martin Walkyier was gone at that point, and his replacement was...less than ideal, vocally and lyrically. You don't really need to hear it, to be honest.

Alright, thanks. I'll put my time into hearing something better.

Alright, I tried in the past but was unable to get into it but now! Now I do believe that I am ready to let go (not actually) of the flashy solos and techy riffs of the technical death metal I listen to already.

Recommend me old school death metal.

I already have Entombed, Nihilist, Unleashed, Necrophobic, Morbid Angel, Death, Possessed, God Macabre, Demigod, Amorphis, Miasma, Tiamat, Atheist, Autopsy, Cancer, Crypt of Kerberos, Demilich, Incancation, Massacra, Molested, Seance, The Chasm, and a few others.

The bands in bold are the ones I've liked the most.

So hopefully that's enough to go on for what I'd like :)

Alright, I tried in the past but was unable to get into it but now! Now I do believe that I am ready to let go (not actually) of the flashy solos and techy riffs of the technical death metal I listen to already.

I already have Entombed, Nihilist, Unleashed, Necrophobic, Morbid Angel, Death, Possessed, God Macabre, Demigod, Amorphis, Miasma, Tiamat, Atheist, Autopsy, Cancer, Crypt of Kerberos, Demilich, Incancation, Massacra, Molested, Seance, The Chasm, and a few others.

Good start. Regarding your tastes, I highly recommend these:

Cartilage - The Fragile Concept of Affection
Cadaver - ...In Pains
Ripping Corpse - Dreaming with the Dead
Excruciate - Passage of Life
Gorement - The Ending Quest
Ancient Rites - The Diabolic Serenades
Lemming Project - Extinction
Disaffected - Vast
Liers in Wait - Spiritually Uncontrolled Art
Atrocity - Todessehnsucht
Fleshcrawl - Descend into the Absurd
Adramelech - Psychostasia
Pavor - A Pale Debilitating Autumn

Reactions: Mort Divine
ARGH the first Pavor album! Holy fuck! It's so goddamned great! So is Furioso, but still...A Pale Debilitating Autumn is was ahead of its time. Highly fucking recommended.

Cynic
Phlebotomized

:)

Hs anyone heard the BM band Yamatu? I'm curious about them.

Yeah, I've heard samples of the music before... from what I can remember, it was pretty threatrical-sounding (in an Emperor kind of way, I guess). Probably gonna listen to the band more closely one of these days, if I can remember about them.

Cadaver - ...In Pains
Disaffected - Vast

i have all of these, you're losing your touch david

Hs anyone heard the BM band Yamatu? I'm curious about them.

yeah i used to overrate them a couple of years ago. they're cool though, if a bit inconsistent - a bit of gothic overload sometimes unfortunately, iirc. i'd give you a more detailed description but it's christmas eve and i'm not sober so fuck you. might give them a listen over the next couple of days and get back to you

Cadaver - ...In Pains
Disaffected - Vast

Thanks, already have Ripping Corpse and I know of a few of them but never checked most of them out. :kickass:

Status
Not open for further replies.