RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's hard to speak "generally" in such things. If you're not going to put your own twist in things, what purpose do you even serve playing music? If it's not an individual endeavor, but pure fanatical accreditation to those who came before you, why bother? Furthermore, bands who's best claim is in fact their tribute have obviously failed at capturing much of the band(s) they hail so much, on account of having a totally different motivation and vision.

But you take a band like Kill for Satan, which is pure fanatical old school worship and who started out as a Bathory/Possessed/Sodom, they still manage to put a completely new and fantastic twist on a deal that's decades old at this point. I guess vision makes the difference.

You faggots should listen to....
Deep Purple - Burn
Deep Purple - Machine Head
Deep Purple - In Rock
Sir Lord Baltimore - Kingdom Gone
Sir Lord Baltimore - Sir Lord Baltimore

:kickass:

By the way.. if you know albums like these, besides the obvious... I'd be happy to know about them...

I need some major help with death metal recommendations, however I am VERY 'picky' about the kind of death metal that I listen to, which makes it rather difficult to enjoy the genre as much as I want to. I'm not new to the genre but I've just never really tried to explore it. I am for sure a black metal fan, but personally I find that most death metal bores me, I'm not insulting the genre, it just does.

Anyways, I prefer to find stuff with a more 'in your face' quality to it, faster, extremely heavy and possibly some groove to it but with great production values and preferably something recent.

A few examples of albums I enjoy most:
Panzerchrist - Battalion Beast or Roomservice
Nile - In Their Darkened Shrines or even Annihilation of the Wicked
Belphegor - Goatreich Fleshcult or Pestapokaylpse VI
Behemoth - Demigod
My Darkest Hate - Combat Area
Deicide - The Stench of Redemption
Skinless - Trample the Weak, Hurdle the Dead (was pretty good)

However, I am not looking melodic death metal, nothing of techincal death metal, grindcore or brutal death metal (Deeds of Flesh, Putrefy) or bands like Suffocation, Psycroptic, Hate Eternal Necrophagist, Vile. Also worth mentioning, the vocals musn't be boring or monotone as in the recent albums of Krisiun, Decapitated, Vader, Suffocation (in my opinon they were). I'm not criticizing these bands or debating this, I'm just not a fan of them so get over it.

If the bands are more well-known then I've probably already checked them out. If anyone can possibly recommend some bands that I would like, then that would be fan-fucking-tastic!

Maybe you should get the last Origin album. It's as fast as metal gets, and there's a fair amount of variety in the vocals. There are some sweeps and technical bits, but much in terms of solos or time signature changes; it's less wanky than Necrophagist. The drums aren't always blasting. Their albums and songs are rather short, and don't require a lengthy attention span.

i can't not find bands that sound like Nile and Behemoth.

what's your problem?

Care to name some bands? I know some Polish death metal bands like Azarath, Pyorrhoea, Dissenter, and Hate who I think are pretty good, and the ones I mentioned earlier (that I don't care for) but I don't think they're as good as Behemoth.

Maybe you should get the last Origin album. It's as fast as metal gets, and there's a fair amount of variety in the vocals. There are some sweeps and technical bits, but much in terms of solos or time signature changes; it's less wanky than Necrophagist. The drums aren't always blasting. Their albums and songs are rather short, and don't require a lengthy attention span.

Thanks, just downloaded it and its pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.