RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
post-rock is just another excuse to be "indie" and "ironic"

No, post-rock is another excuse to make great music that sadly got caught up by the undertow of the "internet music scene."

What's with the sudden influx of queers?

It isn't so much an sudeen influx as it is a sudden vocalization. By the way, totally loving the bands you recommended me. Lemming Project, Liers In Wait, Adramelech, Pavor, and Cadaver in particular were awesome as fuck.

Recommend me some good death metal with melodic segments, but not drenched enough with them to be considered 'melodic death metal'.

Recommend me some good death metal with melodic segments, but not drenched enough with them to be considered 'melodic death metal'.

I'm not a fan of overly melodic metal either, especially if enough to be melodic death metal. I don't care for the 'typical' guitar work common in most melodic death metal. I do like the new God Dethroned album, The Toxic Touch - but that's probably as melodic as I like it.

Meh, I've never cared for grindcore. Its the only genre with the suffix "core" that I don't hate. I just can't get into albums that have 30 songs are only about 35mins in length. I guess I don't mind some bands but I wouldn't say there's any that I actually care for.

not really sure what you mean. to me "drenched" implies that it is unenjoyable, therefore no one would recommend anything they consider "drenched".

but try these:

demigod - slumber of sullen eyes
the chasm - deathcult for eternity: the triumph
carnage - dark recollections

Amorphis -the karelian isthmus
Edge of Sanity -unorthodox
Adramelech -psychostasia
Demigod -slumber of sullen eyes

I recommend to all the greatest bands in all of history:
Bathory (Everything but Thrash era, which is still good, just nothing compared to his good shit)
Mayhem (Old, new is good, but listen to old first)
Burzum (Everything but last two albums, great albums, but they have nothing to do with Burzum other then in concept)

Those bands will introduce you to the wonderful worlds of black metal. If you don't like black metal you suck.

Status
Not open for further replies.