RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Reaping Clarity

As I see Dream Theater in your list, don't forget to check out Fates Warning (not similar, but in the same vein).

I'm trying to decide between these:

Reverend Bizarre - Harbinger Of Metal
Darkthrone - Panzerfaust
Cripple Bastards - Your Lies In Check
Incantation - Onward To Golgotha
Incantation - Mortal Throne Of Nazarene
Skepticism - Stormcrowfleet

help me pick out which 2 to get!

reposted from the 'hauls' thread

Skepticism's best > Reverend Bizarre's worst

edit: What Malignance said...and what I already said in the haul thread.

hi guys, i recently heard testament - Demonic and it was superb , i basically want to know other similar contemporary bands (and not too old) who play some brutally heavy death metal but at the same time there shuld be a meaning to it and not pointless riffin and growling, like demonic was brilliant, looking forward to your responses , thnx :)

hi guys, i recently heard testament - Demonic and it was superb , i basically want to know other similar contemporary bands (and not too old) who play some brutally heavy death metal but at the same time there shuld be a meaning to it and not pointless riffin and growling, like demonic was brilliant, looking forward to your responses , thnx :)

Testament 'demonic' is not death metal.

Testament's "The Gathering" is better than "Demonic". Similar styles (basic heavy metal, derivative of thrash). Neither are all that good though - I suggest work your way back to early Testament, such as "The Legacy" or "The New Order". Otherwise, if you are looking for actual death metal, I'd recommend Vader's "Morbid Reich" EP, "The Ultimate Incantation" or "De Profoundis".

I'm getting into Viking Metal more and more now, could I get some suggestions on songs by bands, not just bands in particular but songs you really like by them.

(I moved your post here)

Viking metal is better known, usually, as blackened folk metal (with the requisite Viking/Norse/Asatru themes)...Equilibrium, Ásmegin, XIV Dark Centuries are good examples.

Status
Not open for further replies.