RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lately I've had an affinity for black metal that uses old castle landscapes on their covers. Like these for example:

cover400_16742.jpg
1995.jpg
moerker.jpg
200px-Satyricon_darkmedievaltimes.jpg

I like all kinds of black metal, and I'm looking specifically for this artistic appeal. So if you know any black metal albums with similar covers, please recommend. Thanks.

No brainer - No Reply is definitely better. But Dismantling Devotion is also good.

@ Chuck Schuldiner: See Necuratul's recommendations; they were exactly what I was thinking (well not Heathen, as it doesn't fit your description. But it's worth getting nonetheless).

@ audiophileguy:
Destroyer 666 - Unchain the Wolves
God Macabre - The Winterlong
The Chasm - Conjuration of the Spectral Empire
Agalloch - Pale Folklore
Sodom - Persecution Mania
At the Gates / Grotesque - Gardens of Grief / In the Embrace of Evil
Sarcofago - INRI
Enslaved - Vikingligr Veldi
Aeternus - Beyond the Wandering Moon

Thanks man.

I recomend Death Breath. New death metal that is very oldschool because the band does not know what newer death metal sounds like.

Blue Cheer-Vincebus Eruptum might be what your looking for, they're not metal, but they were pretty heavy for their time.

You can't judge a band by the fucking album cover!

Sometimes you can:

wint_arro.jpg

Instantly you know its a Darkthrone rip-off band. Sure enough it is - the album isn't bad but its basically more 'Darkthroned' black metal in the vein of their earlier releases.

In case you're wondering, its the latest album from germany's Wintermoon entitled "Arroganz."

Cheers dude.:kickass:
Few questions since i can't be bothered searching around the site.
It's in $US eh?
How much is postage to the rest of the world and is it cheaper for additional cds ?

Thanks

Edit:I'm thoroughly enjoying Taake – Hordalands Doedskvad :headbang:
It says to ask for specific shipping quotes. They're Paypal friendly. Most prices are $10 USD, so there doesn't seem to be a bulk discount. I know the guy who runs the label, and he's got some good stuff on the way that he just needs some more funds to put out. This includes Nattramm's (Silencer) new project, and rereleases of some Marblebog stuff on cd/LP. The Xasthur/Striborg 7" will be out in a matter of time as well.

I'm still interested in picking some stuff up from AKR, but I need recommendations, and Metal-Archives is down, so any help would be appreciated. How's I Shalt Become - Wanderings?

Instantly you know its a Darkthrone rip-off band. Sure enough it is - the album isn't bad but its basically more 'Darkthroned' black metal in the vein of their earlier releases.

In case you're wondering, its the latest album from germany's Wintermoon entitled "Arroganz."
You're well served to guess that a black metal band is a Darkthrone rip off no matter what the cover is.

You're well served to guess that a black metal band is a Darkthrone rip off no matter what the cover is.

Yes, but often they just sound similar and most people usually say any black metal band sounds like Darkthrone...but this band completely rips off Transilvanian Hunger/Under a Funeral Moon in nearly every aspect possible.

I think I have asked this before, but it was a while ago and forget what people had recommended so I will ask again. Where should I start with God Dethroned?

I recomend Death Breath. New death metal that is very oldschool because the band does not know what newer death metal sounds like.

I listened to them before and they are not bad. They had a really bad review on MA, because the reviewer doesn't know what OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL is.

Status
Not open for further replies.