RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
What Burzum album do you guys recommend next? I've only heard Filosofem but like it a lot. Anything else similar in Varg's discography?

Sinister seems pretty average to me. If someone was looking for death metal recomendations would not even mention them.

It's pretty obvious that Opeth are Death metal.

Opeth sounds more black metallish to me than death metal. Despite bands with melody they still can just be lumped into a genre imo.

Unanimated for example sounds like black metal to me regardless having lots of melody where say edge of sanity has lots of melody but sounds like a death metal band. Why call both melodic death metal when these bands play different styles still.

They're not death metal that is for sure and have nothing in commen with the genre to even say they are melodic death metal. Regardless opeth is mikaels band still do not agree with him saying his band is death metal.

Personally I don't like them either but he was asking for some DM that's akin to Possessed so I thought I'd drop my 2 cents

I do not hear it. I would say these.

Slayer-hell awaits,haunting the chapel
Kreator-pleasure to kill
Death-scream bloody gore
Morbid Angel-altars of madness
Destruction-eternal devastation
Bathory-the return,blood fire death
Sodom-agent orange,persecution mania

Some not DM but all similiar.

It's blasting standard-fare DM- quite good in places, but not up to par with other classics, imo. I know many people who enjoy Cross the Styx a lot, though, which is why I would recommend it to someone who's never heard it

Status
Not open for further replies.