RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
What else are they?

TBH I have only heard one song from them (Illusionist) but if that's anything to go by, they are at most Melodeath... They have some power metal and metalcore insteumentation and singing, but the growls lean more on the death side I guess. I would call them melodeathcore maybe but not Death Metal.

TBH I have only heard one song from them (Illusionist) but if that's anything to go by, they are at most Melodeath... They have some power metal and metalcore insteumentation and singing, but the growls lean more on the death side I guess. I would call them melodeathcore maybe but not Death Metal.

They are melodeath, moron. You've heard one song and you're wrong in nearly every way, so shut up plz.

I heard a Scar Symmetry song once. It was ok until the clean singing kicked in. After that it was horrendous.

Eh, I like the clean vox for some reason.

Anyone know some bands similar to any of the following:

Primordial, Agalloch, In The Woods...

Avoid the glaringly obvious please :)

Has anyone listened to ...Aaaarrghh...(Tur)? Band name is beyond stupid, but I wonder is music any good, I've seen it recommended before as a "good" raw blackmetal.

Holly shit....got the Demonoid - Riders Of The Apocalypse album last night.
Had never heard them before but read the insane review at:
THE METAL OBSERVER - Everything in Metal!.

taken from the review:

Oh my god, fuck... yes... yes!!! No, I’m not jerking off, I just listened to DEMONOID yet again!!! A lot of talk has been going around about this THERION/CHIMAIRA side project ever since it was announced. THERION guys going Death Metal, a concept album about the biblical Riders of the Apocalypse, how can this go wrong? And then reviews started to come in, all the album could score was either 100/100 or 10/10, so I just had to check it out.

“Riders Of The Apocalypse” is the cure for every Metal head that’s been waiting for a crushing, deadly and genre-extending Death Metal album. Yes, my friends, this is THE album you’ve been longing for not matter if you’re an old school fan or just got into the genre, it is sure to please both parts!

“Riders Of The Apocalypse” will be my “Death Metal Album des Jahres”!!!
Get your hands on this album, now is not the time to be critical about reviews, it’s all true, buy this and get the best seats to witness the fall of mankind!!!

Didnt sleep a second last night, was up listening to this masterpice.
One of a few albums i will call "Perfection" cause thats what it is, you
MUST CHECK EM OUT!

Does anyone know if the following bands are any good: woods of ypres, blood of christ, will of the ancients. Their all bands from my area (toronto, canada) and was wondering if they were worth checking out.

Status
Not open for further replies.