RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if the following bands are any good: woods of ypres, blood of christ, will of the ancients. Their all bands from my area (toronto, canada) and was wondering if they were worth checking out.

Woods of Ypres are really great(imo)they one of my favourite bands, Will of the Ancients are good and are worth checking out. The vocals are a bit different, but won't take that much of getting used to, and I havn't heard anything by Blood of Christ so can't help you with that band.
Glad to hear we have another metalhead around this region, as I live in Toronto also.

Yeah they are quite unsual, but I actually really enjoyed them. Is there more than one US Death Mask? The one on MA doesn't seem to match them.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that...this band isn't on M-A. They're an old Maryland band who put out just that one album.

Thoughts on Above The Weeping World? I have heard Since the Day It All Came Down which is excellent. Is the new release worth checking out?

metal archives said:
"This debut EP offers two lengthy tracks of astonishingly performed mournful art
combining harsh, slow guitars and very deep growls with clean vocals. Not like
any other funeral doom act! The mini album is available on 3"CD-R with
professional cover artwork."

doom-metal said:
"Sounding like a slightly slower/harsher version of early Anathema, Oktor mix clean, spoken vocals, with deep grunts. The guitars, plodding along at an appropriately slow pace, are backed up by keyboard harmonies, and the occasional 'death metal like' soloish leads"

:danceboy:

20050827-oktor_ep.jpg

Massacra's first three.

Malignance, how do you like Messiah's demo material? The rerelease of Hymn To Abramelin contains the unreleased 1984, and it's really fucking sick shit, with the spirit of contemporaries Hellhammer.

Whoa dude Deathchain is fucking slamming, take a shit and headbang with the dunny door open!

How are fucking Deathchain similar to Possessed at all?

I saw a Messiah album in a shop a while back, but it got sidelined in favour of six other titles I ended up buying. How would they be described?

I recommend Twisted Into Form for all fans of progressive or technical metal. It's quite obvious that Kaj has taken part of Spiral Architect with him here, as it's very similar.

Status
Not open for further replies.