RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not much to get really, it's simplistic and hypnotic music. Like heavier or more focused ambient.

You probably don't get noise either!

Not much to get really, it's simplistic and hypnotic music. Like heavier or more focused ambient.

You probably don't get noise either!

I get some ambientish music, but to be honest, I have always gone by the credo that if it's too easy to listen to, (or indeed ignore), then it probably isn't worth listening to.

In response to noise ? Yeah, I'm pretty much not a fan of noise, being as it is - to these ears at least - the greatest display of Emperors New Clothes-esque wankery committed to recording. That being said, it could be (nay, probably is) that at the ripe old age of 31 I'm simply too old to "dig" what you "hep-cats" listen to in your milk bars, etc. :kickass:

I record noise as the antithesis to bullshit artistic wank and as the musical representation of absolute chaos. But yeah a lot of noise is wank!

Also noise has been around since you were young so that's not much of an excuse. :)

Yeah, I was being facetious. I don't enjoy the kind of detached listening that noise and ambient promote, to be honest - but hey, different strokes and all that.

Currently I'm enjoying the amusingly low brow thrills of Cianide.

I can understand why some individuals would get a kick out of performing noise "music" in a live setting as some sort of artistic statement, and it would most probably be interesting to witness as a spectator for a couple of minutes too. But why some people choose to sit down and actively listen to something that literally is noise, is beyond my comprehension. It's not the lack of traditional song structuring that bugs me, it's just the fact that, to my ears, noise is just noise - irritating and annoying sounds that don't give me anything as a listener.

I can understand why some individuals would get a kick out of performing noise "music" in a live setting as some sort of artistic statement, and it would most probably be interesting to witness as a spectator for a couple of minutes too. But why some people choose to sit down and actively listen to something that literally is noise, is beyond my comprehension. It's not the lack of traditional song structuring that bugs me, it's just the fact that, to my ears, noise is just noise - irritating and annoying sounds that don't give me anything as a listener.

Some people want to be artists, but they don't actually have the talent to do... well, anything. Thus, we get 'noise'.

That's my take on it anyway. Of course V5 will object heartily and passionately, but I still haven't heard or seen anything to make me change my mind....

It makes no sense to buy pedals and processors also if you can't play an instrument. You first have to be able to play an instrument before you get the right to improve your sound and playing with electronics.

Turn tables and also people making noise by hooking up electronics is not music or art.

The fact that someone would buy effects for an instrument they do not play or have taken time to play to make noises with is complete fucking ignorance and stupidity. end

Take 5 years and learn how to play a real instrument and be a real musician. Know something about music.

If you did not grow up playing a guitar or piano,etc.. fuck off. Don't just be ignorant and take the easy way out and not learn how to play an instrument then try and say that noise and people hooking up pedals and electronics is something valid. complete stupidity and ignorance.

Status
Not open for further replies.