RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you did not grow up playing a guitar or piano,etc.. fuck off. Don't just be ignorant and take the easy way out and not learn how to play an instrument like everyone else does which is what has to be done, then try and say that noise and people hooking up pedals and electronics is something valid. complete stupidity and ignorance.

I grew up playing piano, and I think that "noise and people hooking up pedals and electronics is something valid"; ignorance is bliss.

If you did not grow up playing a guitar or piano,etc.. fuck off. Don't just be ignorant and take the easy way out and not learn how to play an instrument then try and say that noise and people hooking up pedals and electronics is something valid. complete stupidity and ignorance.

I guess I could agree with this if I have ever seen anything like that happen before.

And you post like your body is in a constant state of shock that your brain hasn't walked it under a bus.

I am not saying someone can't be. It's more the fact that some people want to make music but do not want to put in the effort to learn which is the only reason I can think why someone would hook up pedals and electronics making noises.

I am not saying someone can't be. It's more the fact that some people want to make music but do not want to put in the effort to learn which is the only reason I can think why someone would hook up pedals and electronics making noises.

Agreed. It is sometimes interesting to dabble in anti-musical artistic styles, though. Not much fun to listen to, but intriguing when you study what kind of techniques are used in them.

Yes it is, not everything non-guitar based isn't music.

I'm not saying non guitar based is not music. Piano is music and there is plently of other instruments.

Why hook up electronics and pedals just to make noises. makes no fucking sense

There is so many instruments that can be learned and played forever that people thinking that music can be purely based on electronics is scary.

This debate could go on forever with no clear answer. It's all a matter of opinion. But I do agree with the Greys in that there really is no point in making noise with objects meant for other instruments.

On Topic: recommend me some metal bands with incredibly strange/outlandish vocals. Genre doesn't matter.

The Greys, will you fucking edit your consecutive posts into a single one?!

On Topic: recommend me some metal bands with incredibly strange/outlandish vocals. Genre doesn't matter.

I posted this again because I don't think anyone saw it before the page changed.

If you can track it down, Mourn - S/t is a great doom album with clean, mournful female vocals not unlike *eep* Alison Moyet. Honestly. Some neophytes have claimed it to be a most average album; they are, of course, knob jockeys as this is a singular treat.

Dominus - The First 9 - Has a bizarre vocal (amd musical style), alternating between the almost archetypal old school DM sounding vocals, and weird high pitched Mustaineisms, while LHP styled riffs cascade into rust in peace melodic guitar breaks.

KORPSE - Revirgin - combines psychadelic trippy doom vibes with death metal delivery.

Is that ok for three starters ?

Status
Not open for further replies.