RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really, Arch Enemy aren't all that Scandinavian anyway; two of them are half-English, the singer is a Kraut, and only the other two are tr00 scando-boys. (This is not a reply to cookiecutter - but to original poster)

Carcass yes.:kickass:
Carcassian I got Reek of Putrefaction for Christmas and I love it. It sounds like a completely different band than Heartwork though. How does Symphonies compare to Reek?

Yeah, I had to dig through Cannibal Corpse, Six Feet Under, Deicide, and a whole bunch of other shit I'd rather forget about (namely death-influenced metalcore) before I finally stumbled upon Morbid Angel, Death, Suffocation, Atheist, Cynic, etc.

yes i tried deicide, six feet under and cc but wasnt blown away as some had suggested me , i will try the bands you mentioned , thnx :)

I want to get into grindcore a bit more, having listened to Napalm Death, early Carcass, and Disharmonic Orchestra, but have little idea where to head next. What are some good bands and albums to check out?

Terrorizer-world downfall
Brutal Truth-need to control,extreme conditions demand extreme responses

oh yeah.

extreme noise terror

To Hatebreeder
You might enjoy S.O.B for old grind and i suggest So far... So good... So What for megadeth, it kicks ass in the car.

I can't remember who recommended Dark Tribe but THANK YOU!

Gives me this feeling of atmosphere where the singer is being followed in the dirty smoky streets and he slowly looks around while doing his panicky moaning vocals to see who or what's stalking him like the big boss battle in a movie. The alien boss man slowly walks towards him and the singer is running around jumping off walls, hiding, jumping out screaming at him and trying to escape without ever succeeding haha.

I'm looking for some killer riff-a-licious thrash such as Sabbat - History of a Time To Come, Artillery - By Inheritance, and Holy Terror - Mind Wars. I've got a decent amount of stuff, so don't go too obvious.

I bet it was buried behind a whole armada of shit USDM bands, though.

Ha, yeah but almost every country is sort of like that with the exception of Scandinavian stuff, usually...and then you still get some pussy saying In Flames are TRUE DEATH METAL and messing up the dichotomy...oh, metal! You are crazy.

Anyway, USDM and USBM are both good, you just have to look past the more forgettable entries of both...

David: I don't know if you have King's-Evil yet, but if you do not, GET IT.

I'm looking for some killer riff-a-licious thrash such as Sabbat - History of a Time To Come, Artillery - By Inheritance, and Holy Terror - Mind Wars. I've got a decent amount of stuff, so don't go too obvious.

Exumer - Possessed By Fire
Sepultura - Beneath The Remains

Status
Not open for further replies.