RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, if that is the case then:

IotS there is a clear difference between Queens of the Stone Age and Electric Wizard, just listen to it yourself and you can hear it.

Try, because stoner is an accepted term in just about every metal community I've been to and even here by a decent few people.
That is not a point on why the name is not absolutely stupid. About the other things you say, i'll just say that the term was not around since Kyuss (it was first used to describe Sleep) and that the vast majority of the bands that are called "stoner", absolutely deny the term and refuse to be called like that, mainly because it describes an attitude, rather than the music.

Your example: rock vs metal, not stoner vs stoner doom, btw.

(I had typed a 200 character further explanation, but UM crashed again. I do love the old board, but by fuck she's like a crabby old wife).

I don't know, Kyuss and Sleep pretty much grew around the same time so I don't think it could be "definitive." Plus just because the bands don't agree with the term doesn't mean it isn't what they are.

Your example: rock vs metal, not stoner vs stoner doom, btw.

(I had typed a 200 character further explanation, but UM crashed again. I do love the old board, but by fuck she's like a crabby old wife).

QotSA are stoner rock, and Electric Wizard are stoner doom. It was a pretty valid example.

That's happened to me a few times. It really sucks, especially when you've put a lot of though into something.

Help me make an order with Willowtip's whole 3 cds for 30 dollars in order to get the Paypal deal (15 dollars back off of orders of $30+ )I will be ordering three CDs :eek:

and I need YOU! To help me choose which cds I am to buy.

So far here is what I'm considering:

Winds - Reflection of the I (w/ Of Entity and Mind EP as bonus tracks)
Winds - The Imaginary Direction of Time
Gorod - Neurotripsicks
Spawn of Possession - Cabinet
Disincarnate - Dreams of the Carrion Kind

And if I end up not picking from that I'm just going to find a site that carries:

The Devin Townsend Band - Synchestra w/ DVD
Pain of Salvation - TPE (As my copy is fucked up)

for decent prices and order those with the Paypal deal.

Can anyone recommend me some technical/melodic death stuff like Quo Vadis, Neuraxis and Kataklysm. Or technical death in general, though not too overly technical like Spawn of Possession or Necrophagist.

Can anyone recommend me some technical/melodic death stuff like Quo Vadis, Neuraxis and Kataklysm. Or technical death in general, though not too overly technical like Spawn of Possession or Necrophagist.
try this:
Carcariass
Sadist
Cynic(US)
Atheist
Sceptic
Nocturnus
Demilich

Mort Divine, I actually checked out Gorod-Leading Vision, after I saw one of your prevoius posts, and I mus say I'm very impressed. Do you knoe anything else that is similar?

Status
Not open for further replies.