RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you think Necrophagist sucks you're not blazed enoughh. But anyways, yes any suggestions? please :D

When I get blazed I like listening to doom and oldschool death metal. Slower low guitars that have weird harmonized low notes sound ten times more cool than wank fest bands that sound like scale runs!. You should try it.

When I get blazed I like listening to doom and oldschool death metal. Slower low guitars that have weird harmonized low notes sound ten times more cool than wank fest bands that sound like scale runs!. You should try it.

Yea but necrophagists techincal wankery would sound cool when high i would think. Now that gives me an idea.........

Ye gimme some songs I should try. I do love necrophagist and blackmetal when I'm high tho. It's not just techincal wankery, they use it to get the vision of their music across. If you want to listen to just technical wankery listen to dragonforce where all the choruses and verses sound the same

Can someone tell me where to start with nargaroths discography? also which of gravelands albums are considered essential?

I've never really listened to Cathedral outside of Forest of Equilbrium but when it comes to stoner doom I've got a few good recommendations.

Boris - Pink
Electric Wizard - Dopethrone
High On Fire - Surrounded By Thieves
Orange Goblin - Theiving From The House Of God
Spiritual Beggars - Demons
The Hidden Hand -Divine Propaganda
The Sword - Age of Winters
Wall of Sleep - Slow But Not Dead
Wall of Sleep - Sun Faced Apostles

Not only "stoner" is the worst term for describing a music genre, now there is a new thing "stoner doom" .. gimme a break... wtf does this means now? Doomsters who are stoners? shit... this is so lame.. High On Fire are simply HEAVY METAL by the way, WAR HEAVY METAL (especially this album, "Surrounded By Thieves" this is so war metal)

I agree with the guy who would choose "Ad Astra" over "Demons" (but instead of "On Fire" i would first recommend "Mantra III" i mean... "Demons" is a fucking killer album (as all S.B. albums) but "Ad Astra" is the best 00s album .. objectivelly..

Not only "stoner" is the worst term for describing a music genre, now there is a new thing "stoner doom" .. gimme a break... wtf does this means now? Doomsters who are stoners? shit... this is so lame.. High On Fire are simply HEAVY METAL by the way, WAR HEAVY METAL (especially this album, "Surrounded By Thieves" this is so war metal)

I agree that the term "stoner rock/metal" is pretty retarded. It's pretty much like calling all rock from the late '60s and early '70s "stoner rock". I think the point is the psychedelic influence, and also the heavy blues influence. I wouldn't mind using the term "psychedelic metal", but I'd probably just get funny looks...

you don't like Forest Of The Equilibrium?! :erk:

Nah, can't say I do honestly. Just sounds to me like an underdeveloped version of their later sound. I guess I'm not much of a doom person. Not that I've listened to much doom at all, really... I do think "Endtyme" is pretty incredible, though. It's slow and morbid, but still has that mid-90's Cathedral flavor to it - a damn good balance of the two sounds, I think.

I agree with the guy who would choose "Ad Astra" over "Demons" (but instead of "On Fire" i would first recommend "Mantra III" i mean... "Demons" is a fucking killer album (as all S.B. albums) but "Ad Astra" is the best 00s album .. objectivelly..

Mantra III is great, but On Fire, for me, just slightly edges above it. But whatever, the Beggars are all good!

Can someone tell me where to start with nargaroths discography? also which of gravelands albums are considered essential?

Nargaroth - Herbstleyd

Graveland:
My top 5

1. Graveland - Thousand Swords (the most essential)
2. Graveland - Immortal Pride
2. Graveland - In The Glare Of Burning Churches (a tie)
3. Graveland - Carpathian Wolves
4. Graveland - Creed of Iron
5. Graveland - Fire Chariot of Destruction

hey isnt the guy from nargaroth insane or something? I heard he dropped tear gas on an audience one time? :zombie:

also which of gravelands albums are considered essential?

Thousand Swords
The Celtic Winter
Immortal Pride
Following the Voice of Blood
Carpathian Wolves
(Also check out the Impaler's Wolves EP for two redone tracks from this album. They're both much better than the originals)

As for the Hammerheart styled albums, get Dawn of Iron Blades and The Fire of Awakening. I'm of the opinion that one really can't go wrong with any Graveland.

Stoner Doom has been around for as long as I've been into metal, going on 4 years now so I'm sure it has some history to it. But yeah, it is basically doom that is heavily psychadelic and blues influenced, and stoner rock is the same but just ... not metal :p

Kyuss are seen to be one of the originators of stoner rock/doom and have been around since the early 90s, so it isn't a new term by any means.

Stoner Doom has been around for as long as I've been into metal, going on 4 years now so I'm sure it has some history to it. But yeah, it is basically doom that is heavily psychadelic and blues influenced, and stoner rock is the same but just ... not metal :p

Kyuss are seen to be one of the originators of stoner rock/doom and have been around since the early 90s, so it isn't a new term by any means.

You are so incredibly wrong, that i don't know where to start ..

Status
Not open for further replies.