RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like An Everflowing Stream is better than Dark Recollections.

The more I listen to this cd don't like it much nor can get through more than 3 songs. I can't stand the vocals which come off a mix between shouting whiny and hardcore(which is weird because I like the vocals in Carnage which sound more death metal). When it comes too death metal like low morbid vocals or raspy vocals. After LAEFS the vocals are just so horrible to me. I also have Indecent & Obscene and Massive Killing Capacity and do not listen to them because the vocals.

I recently became a huge fan of Cathedral (that is, 1993-onward Cathedral), and I was wondering if anyone knows of any bands like them. I'm talkin' about that bluesy, psychedelic groove, that beefy low-to-midpace metal sound, the toungue-in-cheek vocal style, and so forth. I'm not too familiar with the world of stoner metal besides having heard Kyuss and Queens of the Stone Age, which are of course nothing like Cathedral.

So what's the next best thing to these stoner/doom gods?

Grand Magus are well worth checking out. Their s/t is pretty bluesy, hard rockin' stoner fare (and my personal favourite) while their second, Monument, is much doomier, all topped off by JB's excellent vocals.

Would anybody recommend Twisted Tower Dire's Crest of the Matyrs?

Awesome! Thanks for the recommendations, guys. I shall dutifully seek out these works.

Any other stoner lore out there?

I've never really listened to Cathedral outside of Forest of Equilbrium but when it comes to stoner doom I've got a few good recommendations.

Boris - Pink
Electric Wizard - Dopethrone
High On Fire - Surrounded By Thieves
Orange Goblin - Theiving From The House Of God
Spiritual Beggars - Demons
The Hidden Hand -Divine Propaganda
The Sword - Age of Winters
Wall of Sleep - Slow But Not Dead
Wall of Sleep - Sun Faced Apostles

I recently became a huge fan of Cathedral (that is, 1993-onward Cathedral), and I was wondering if anyone knows of any bands like them. I'm talkin' about that bluesy, psychedelic groove, that beefy low-to-midpace metal sound, the toungue-in-cheek vocal style, and so forth. I'm not too familiar with the world of stoner metal besides having heard Kyuss and Queens of the Stone Age, which are of course nothing like Cathedral.

So what's the next best thing to these stoner/doom gods?

you don't like Forest Of The Equilibrium?! :erk:

ok since today is a grim frostbitten snow day, look at my recordnerd account and suggest albums for me to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.