RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
I concur.

:headbang:

The Weiliaon Wielder Quest isn't as good from what I can tell, but it still is very good as an album anyway, heh. The newest one is heavier than the rest, with less thrashy parts and more downtempo grooving (for lack of a better term, not gay grooving though ;)).

If anyone likes good swedish DM, check out

Gardenia get their 1999/2002 CD's, after that they broke up, but its realllly good :)

You mean Gardenian? Soulburner is alright stuff, at best. Sindustries is meh. Haven't heard anything else. The Finnish band Calmsite are a similar style (at times), but are far fucking better. They also split up, though.

Hm...interesting. I've NEVER even heard of that! But it was released on Thrash Rec. so it's probably at least par death metal...

Malignance...Dodens...?

Guys, I need some great depressive doom. I'd also like to hear there some violins, but it's not necessarily.

Mythological Cold Towers - The Vanished Pantheon
(mythological orchestral death/doom)

Paramaecium - Exhumed Of The Earth
(Australian Christian death/doom...very somber)

Visceral Evisceration - Incessant Desire For Palatable Flesh
(absolute classic of weird doom metal)

Until Death Overtakes Me - Prelude To Monolith
(epic, symphonic funeral doom)

Recommend me some complex music.

Stuff that has heaps of shit going off at once, e.g all instruments playing there own rythm, that has varied styles added to the mix.

For example stuff like
Cynic
Atheist
Dream Theater
Gorguts
or it could even be brutal like Decrepit birth, which appeals to me because it takes a while to work out whats going on, but when u do know, it is fucking awesome.

Edit: also, albums that run on a concept, like Blood On Ice, Abigail and Scenes from a memory, how they tell a story through out the songs. Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.