RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recommend me some complex music.

Stuff that has heaps of shit going off at once, e.g all instruments playing there own rythm, that has varied styles added to the mix.

For example stuff like
Cynic
Atheist
Dream Theater
Gorguts
or it could even be brutal like Decrepit birth, which appeals to me because it takes a while to work out whats going on, but when u do know, it is fucking awesome.

death
spiral architect
spastic ink
necrophagist
martyr
symphony x
necrophagist
spawn of possession - technical but sucks
pestilence
neuraxis
quo vadis
augury

... I can't detect if that is sarcasm as i have nocturnus in my dp and sig, or if u just didn't see it. Fuck you if it is sarcasm :headbang:

death
spiral architect
spastic ink
necrophagist
martyr
symphony x
necrophagist
spawn of possession - technical but sucks
pestilence
neuraxis
quo vadis
augury

Thanks man, i know all these bands apart from neuraxis and augury, maybe i should be more specific and ask for albums that you think are worthy to my plee

As i'll say again, each time someone recommends tech metal music without mentioning WATCHTOWER, armaggedon draws nearer.

Thats because there was no need to as i know them, Control and Resistance, Control. and. Re. Sist. Annnnnnnnnnnnnnce!! :kickass:

I just remembered Pavor, i checked them out but didnt get into them, but it seems like my sort of thing so i will have to re-download them.
I remember thinking the drummer was lacking compared to the other band members, what do you all think?
Maybe i was being biased at the time for ???? i dunno, i will have to relisten and get back to yas, i just want to know what ur views on Pavor are.

For awesome melodic Death, very very good :

Blind Stare (Finland) (They also have a classical touch ish to them)
Blood Stain Child (Japan)
Naildown (used to be Acid Universe) (Finland)
Nightrage
Sonic Syndicate (Sweden)
MYPROOF (Japan) (touch of "core", but amazingly good)
Blinded Colony (Sweden)
Soul Demise (Germany)
Atsphear (Spain)
Asguard (Belarus)
Raintime (Italy) <<<< MOST UNIQUE BAND EVER ..... Its like Power/Melodic death/Death its really different give it a listen.
The Wake (Italy)
Arise (Sweden)

Hammers of Misfortune: Is "The Augustine Engine" significantly better than "The Locust Years"?

I'm starting to think I like these guys more than Slough Feg. It's a little less in your face (although Slough Feg rocks my jocks too).

I just remembered Pavor, i checked them out but didnt get into them, but it seems like my sort of thing so i will have to re-download them.
I remember thinking the drummer was lacking compared to the other band members, what do you all think?
Maybe i was being biased at the time for ???? i dunno, i will have to relisten and get back to yas, i just want to know what ur views on Pavor are.
Furioso is one of my most favorite cds ever.

Recommend me some complex music.

Stuff that has heaps of shit going off at once, e.g all instruments playing there own rythm, that has varied styles added to the mix.

For example stuff like
Cynic
Atheist
Dream Theater
Gorguts
or it could even be brutal like Decrepit birth, which appeals to me because it takes a while to work out whats going on, but when u do know, it is fucking awesome.

Edit: also, albums that run on a concept, like Blood On Ice, Abigail and Scenes from a memory, how they tell a story through out the songs. Cheers.

Hey, i would definatly reccomend Portal, it seems to fit the bill though it may be alot different these other bands. Here check out the myspace...

http://www.myspace.com/portalxiii

A comrade of my mine once described their music as sounding like every person is playing a different necrophagist song.

Status
Not open for further replies.