RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh and as far as concept albums go have you listened to Opeth's Still Life? Very good album, and very interesting to follow lyrically.

can some1 recommend me some doom metal, so far ive only heard agalloch but i like it a lot, also opeth's damnation wasn't bad either , something on similar lines or better, like negura bunget's om was brilliant , plz throw in some suggestions, thnx :)

Sorry I know this isn't a recommendation but how do you put your lastfm charts onto your signature, I wasn't wure where else to ask this so yea. :loco:

can some1 recommend me some doom metal, so far ive only heard agalloch but i like it a lot, also opeth's damnation wasn't bad either , something on similar lines or better, like negura bunget's om was brilliant , plz throw in some suggestions, thnx :)

Neither of those are doom metal, try Candlemass and Cathedral. Really the only doom I know, but both are quality.

Unless you're looking for stuff that sounds like Agalloch and Opeth, then Doom Metal is not what you want.

I guess Empyrium could be called doom, I mean musically that is what their first two albums are closest two in the metal world even if they arn't great examples of the style.

Anyways, check out Empyrium's first two albums "A Wintersunset..." and "Songs Of Moors and Misty Fields" and if you wish to hear their simply neo-folk albums then go for "Where At Night The Wood Grouse Plays" and "Weiland."

Eh, they are not very good imo. They obviously sound like COF an Dimmu, but I presume you already know these bands. Try Vesania.

Eh, they are not very good imo. They obviously sound like COF an Dimmu, but I presume you already know these bands. Try Vesania.

Vesania isn't "atmospheric" enough, also, too heavy on the drums, I love Illnath for their atsmosphere and they are more guitar centric less focus on the drums. Thanks for the recco though, any other bands that guitar centric, with higher pitched screams?

Also, not to be an ass or anything I didn't ask if you liked them or not :)

Vesania isn't "atmospheric" enough, also, too heavy on the drums, I love Illnath for their atsmosphere and they are more guitar centric less focus on the drums. Thanks for the recco though, any other bands that guitar centric, with higher pitched screams?

Don't know shit about the band but by the way Astrum describe them you would probably like Tvangeste.

Okay, lets see then.....

try....

Lost Infinity? Gothic Black metal with atmosphere, and lots of piano and interluded female vocals. Guitars are a strong presence, however, and there are fast blast beat BM segemnts, but they are not as common as the other parts. High pitched screams too. Very atmospheric.

Status
Not open for further replies.