RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could I get some Gothenburg melo-death that doesn't suck like most of it, something like Omnium Gatherum - Spirits and August Light.

Could I get some Gothenburg melo-death that doesn't suck like most of it, something like Omnium Gatherum - Spirits and August Light.

you might like Insomnium or Nightrage

also check out this song from Chrysalis (fra) they only have an ep and are split up, but they are very good, they have a female vocalist and amazing instrumentation and some experimentation

also: THE fuckin' CROWN! :headbang: :headbang:

you might like Insomnium or Nightrage

also check out this song from Chrysalis (fra) they only have an ep and are split up, but they are very good, they have a female vocalist and amazing instrumentation and some experimentation

also: THE fuckin' CROWN! :headbang: :headbang:

Try

Noumena
Mors Principium Est
Blind Stare (Awesome)
Cadacross (kind of vikingish but really good)
Burden of Grief
Deadlock
Soul Demise (More Death then Melo - D but very good)

Try those then tell me which ones you like.

No More Color - fast, liquid thrash with just hint of Euro deathiness.

Grin - Atmospheric mid-paced post-thrash.

Both excellent albums, but so completely different it's hard to believe the same three guys made them.

This man speaks the truth. Great to see Grin getting a mention, I was beginning to think no-one here had heard it.

No way Mental Vortex and Grin are by far worse.

Die. Painfully.

Detonation - Portals To Uphobia
Holymarsh - In The Holymarsh
Enter My Silence - Coordinate: D1SA5T3R
A Canorous Quintet - The Only Pure Hate
Unreal Overflows - Architecture Of Incomprehension

byrne said:
Incorrigible Bigotry is absolutely essential DM. Malignance doesn't like the bounciness of it - but if you don't mind a bit of NWOBHM fusion, you'll love it.

Indeed...however it's not typical DM really...there is actually much less focus on rhythm than most death metal...more focus on melody and riffs. Very expressive use of melody...really, eh...out there by DM standards. Excellent stuff, and the NWOBHM influence is totally undeniable.

yeah, but anyone caught not listening to them could be suspected of incorrigible faggotry

also they are melodic

Err.....no ?

They aren't nearly as melodic as the other bands mentioned. Indeed, their sound is a fusion of death metal and the rawness of Motorhead rock n' roll. You wouldn't find any particular Iron Maiden influence in their music, as is often the case in the "Gothenburg" scene.

Err.....no ?

They aren't nearly as melodic as the other bands mentioned. Indeed, their sound is a fusion of death metal and the rawness of Motorhead rock n' roll. You wouldn't find any particular Iron Maiden influence in their music, as is often the case in the "Gothenburg" scene.

Although they do have their melodic moments not to mention obvious influences from several affiliated, Gothenburg bands. Anyway, I was mentioning them as a not so subtle side-note... :)

Looking for strange interesting metal, preferably something that has normal metal style playing but mixes in strange instruments not used in metal very often. Also music that does really interesting things with vocals is always good (mixing soft female vocals with harsh male vocals for example). Currently enjoying such bands as Rhapsody of Fire, Finntroll, and Ensiferum if that helps.

You might like bands like Thyrfing (Viking Metal), Lost Infinity (Black/Gothic), and Twighlight Opera (Symphonic Black-ish).

Act Of God is also a symphonic black/death band that exclusively uses female soprano vocals.

Status
Not open for further replies.