Glittertind
SuidAkra
Naildown
Lyzanxia
Illnath
Raintime
Blind Stare
Atsphear

Let me know if those are any good in your opinion.

You might like bands like Thyrfing (Viking Metal), Lost Infinity (Black/Gothic), and Twighlight Opera (Symphonic Black-ish).

Act Of God is also a symphonic black/death band that exclusively uses female soprano vocals.

Allow me to add Enslavement of Beauty to this as well.

Looking for strange interesting metal, preferably something that has normal metal style playing but mixes in strange instruments not used in metal very often. Also music that does really interesting things with vocals is always good (mixing soft female vocals with harsh male vocals for example). Currently enjoying such bands as Rhapsody of Fire, Finntroll, and Ensiferum if that helps.

Im guessing your new to metal since its pretty unclear what your looking for here. However, if you are digging Finntroll and Ensiferum you should know that these bands are classifed as folk metal (or viking metal in the case of Ensiferum) and i will add that both are pretty badass.

Finntroll is fun, you should check out Korpiklaani, its pretty much the same formula, they use use the authentic folk instruments though, which is pretty darn cool. I would start with Tales Along The Road its so catchy you can't not like it...

As for viking metal, you should be listening to some Amon Amarth. Their newest release is especially fine, as is Versus The World. Death In fire!!
:headbang:

I would also reccomend Equilibrium and Folkearth, both play different styles of viking metal, both are good.

Enough rambling from me though :lol:

Agreed.

I hate how they are labeled that way. Just because they look like a bunch of fucking vikings and sing about fucking viking stuff does not make them viking metal. Ironic, I know. But 'tis the way it is.

Im guessing your new to metal since its pretty unclear what your looking for here. However, if you are digging Finntroll and Ensiferum you should know that these bands are classifed as folk metal (or viking metal in the case of Ensiferum) and i will add that both are pretty badass.

Not exactly new it's just that until now I've been listening to nothing but Japanese Rock/Metal, and I'm trying to expand my interests. I'm vague because I pretty much like all music and all genres (though heavier is usually my preference) I just get bored of music very quickly if it doesn't have something new and interesting about it.

Trouble finding a lot of the bands people are recommending but the ones I can have been really kick ass so far so keep um coming.

Also another request, I like southern rock that has a heavy southern feel to it like the song Ghost Riders in the Sky. I found out there was also southern metal, and checked out some of the main bands in that genre but they felt too much like regular metal with just a subtle southern feel to their play style. Does anyone know some really good southern metal bands?

Trouble finding a lot of the bands people are recommending but the ones I can have been really kick ass so far so keep um coming.

Also another request, I like southern rock that has a heavy southern feel to it like the song Ghost Riders in the Sky. I found out there was also southern metal, and checked out some of the main bands in that genre but they felt too much like regular metal with just a subtle southern feel to their play style. Does anyone know some really good southern metal bands?

What are some good Japanese Extreme Metal bands??? :err:

If you want to find some wierd metal bands you should try out different metal styles, like Funeral Doom, and listen to some Death metal, and Black Metal.

If you want to listen to a Southern band you should listen to Nile, not southern rock at all but they are from the south and have Egyptian sounding riffs and stuff :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Extreme Japanese Metal Bands Eh?

Well my favorite is Sex Machineguns(Name is a parody of the Sex Pistols), they're heavy and crazy fast and sing about things ranging from bombing family resturaunts to delivering noodle soup.

MUCC isn't super hardcore themselves the music they play is really heavy. Usually they sing rather than scream, but in their really heavy songs they usually use pretty rough vocals.

If screaming is your cup of tea then I reccomend Dir En Grey. They actually have really good singing voices but most of the time they choose to scream and have really interesting and unique vocals like you've never heard.

Moi Dix Mois, is good if you're into dark gothic feeling music as they mix metal with classical instruments like organs and do it really well.

High and Mighty color is interesting because they started as a metallica cover band, and a talent scout had them add a pop singer to their group. Their style has become really unique now and it's interesting to hear the soft female vocals mixed with the harsh male screaming.

If you're into older stuff X Japan is a crazy speed metal band from the mid 80s and early 90s. They revolutinized Japanese Metal and are considered to be the best Japanese Metal group of all time. Most famous for their drummer who writes all their music and is so intense on the drums he broke both his wrists and his neck while playing them. In addition to their straight up speed metal, they also have a lot of ballads that mix speed metal with classical music. They have a half hour long song called Art of Life which was recorded with the London Philharmonics Orchestra, and it's an amazing mix of the 2 genres.

Status
Not open for further replies.