RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
He mentioned Judas Priest in his post, so I figured he would like to hear a clone of them.

As for Grave Digger, stuff like Tunes of War, Excalibur, etc, are more melodic and Power Metal-ish. Starting from their self-titled album, they became more focused on speed and aggression.

Though Heavy Metal Breakdown was not really Power Metal, the Speed Metal nature is more present in their later albums.

The first three albums are closer to Motorhead than the later albums, was my point, however, I wouldn't consider them a good reference point to begin with. Bands like Tank, Warfare, and early Bulldozer are much closer to the style of Motorhead.

ive been searching and searching for a new band that i would like but i just cant seem to find one. im into the more melodic death stuff, death metal just doesnt do it for me, all the bands are too alike and its very unstructured (IMO) anyway, if anyone knows anyone that i might enjoy please respond

by the way, for more help, my absolute 100% favorite band at the moment is norther. along with children of bodom, insomnium, into eternity, dark tranquillity, and the haunted, pretty much makes up my whole music selection :) theres a bit more than that, but they are by far my favorite

ive been searching and searching for a new band that i would like but i just cant seem to find one. im into the more melodic death stuff, death metal just doesnt do it for me, all the bands are too alike and its very unstructured (IMO) anyway, if anyone knows anyone that i might enjoy please respond

by the way, for more help, my absolute 100% favorite band at the moment is norther. along with children of bodom, insomnium, into eternity, dark tranquillity, and the haunted, pretty much makes up my whole music selection :) theres a bit more than that, but they are by far my favorite

Probably the best band of the kind you seem to be elluding to, in my opinion, were Solar Dawn, who I believe were Swedish. Equinoctium was a great album.

http://www.rockdetector.com/artist,38252.sm

I'm looking for some more old school death metal, preferably not the Florida style.

Nothing too obvious, and as a guide my favorites are Demigod - Slumber of Sullen Eyes, God Macabre - The Winterlong, and Adramelech - Psychostasia.

Vulcanus is pretty good melodic stuff. I like their riffs and their drumming is great too. The whole sound somehow reminds me of Soilwork.

Soilwork circa APP/Chainheart with a little more melody like on NBC and the harmonized parts on APP, but with some wacky parts too. Good shit.

I'm looking for some more old school death metal, preferably not the Florida style.

Nothing too obvious, and as a guide my favorites are Demigod - Slumber of Sullen Eyes, God Macabre - The Winterlong, and Adramelech - Psychostasia.

I like all 3 cds mentionned a lot and recently I'm listening to Cadaver - ...In Pains, Lemming Project - Extinction and both Torchure releases. Don't know if that was too obvious but it's good music.

Umm, I've heard only Soilwork's last 2 albums, so I guess the answer is - "when they became shit" :erk:

Same here, I forgot which album I downloaded but it was boring and I got rid of it; the album was something like Scarecrow or some shit. one of the songs on the album was called swallowed by the moon....

*yawn* lets put it that way

I recently bought Novembers Doom -The Novella Reservoir and was very impressed and it's one of my favorite albums as of now. I never buy things random but something told me to buy it. The guitar tone is just monsterous and the songs and musicianship is top notch. crushing

I like all 3 cds mentionned a lot and recently I'm listening to Cadaver - ...In Pains, Lemming Project - Extinction and both Torchure releases. Don't know if that was too obvious but it's good music.

Not too obvious but I know and enjoy all of those :)

Talk to Disarmonia_Mundi. He is the most melodeath-obsessed person I've ever met. I don't think he listens to anything but melodic death.

Um, I think Grave Digger's earlier stuff is much more what he's looking for, though I still wouldn't make the comparison. And Primal Fear has no resemblance to Motorhead at all. :confused:

Yeah, I've heard Primal Fear before. I'm looking for a Motörhead clone, not a Priest clone. This automatically rules out any power metal bands, I believe.

Ummmmmmm......how about Hawkwind

Hint: Lemmy was in that band

Already listen to Hawkwind. :) In fact, they're my favorite non-metal band in existence. Reading up on Hawkwind online is actually what led me to discover Motörhead in the first place, as weird as that may sound.

Thanks for the recommendations so far, guys. I'll be sure to check those bands out. Let me know if any others come to mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.