RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's the album of the year so far. Excellent job.

Also, how the fuck do you complain about the guy's drum production?! I swear, you're deaf. The drum production/tone on that album is among the most elite I've heard EVER.

RUMPOLE: everything by Church of Misery is great stoner/sludge doom.
The drumming on that album has absolutely no dynamics whatsoever. The drum samples are pathetic also - they sound like the rock kit on the 450 dollar electric drum kits you buy. Pathetic...

I'm looking for the gloomiest, most depressing metal possible, of any genre. Preferably, something so depressing it makes Mourning Beloveth sound happy. If there is such a thing.

Khanate - s/t

put that on and bask in the depression.

Can anyone recommend me some bands similar to Motörhead? I'm looking for some more ass-stompin', beer drinkin', butt-ugly speed metal to complement my Lemmy sessions. :kickass:

I've really never heard of any bands which have very close stylistic ties with Motörhead. Obviously there's stuff like Priest, Maiden, and Venom, but I want something more stripped-down, less epic, and less experimental.

Can anyone recommend me some bands similar to Motörhead? I'm looking for some more ass-stompin', beer drinkin', butt-ugly speed metal to complement my Lemmy sessions. :kickass:

I've really never heard of any bands which have very close stylistic ties with Motörhead. Obviously there's stuff like Priest, Maiden, and Venom, but I want something more stripped-down, less epic, and less experimental.

Grave Digger might suit you. If you are looking for less epic, more heavy metal, don't get their earlier stuff. Instead, get every Grave Digger album starting from their Self-Titled one, 'The Grave Digger'.

Primal Fear is another band. A Judas Priest Clone, in a manner of speaking.

Um, I think Grave Digger's earlier stuff is much more what he's looking for, though I still wouldn't make the comparison. And Primal Fear has no resemblance to Motorhead at all. :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.