RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sunn are incredible, the real leaders of the drone genre, you can read a great article on them in the new york times, just search for them on the website and you will find it.

I recommend Sanctity, they have their first album out in a few days and its great old school metal/thrash. Mustaine saw these guys live and asked them personally to play gigantour and they didn't even have an album out yet. Definetely worth a listen.

Failing that, Type O Negative's new album, Dead Again, well worth the wait.

Carpathian Forest - We're Going to Hell for This
Hypocrisy - Hypocrisy
Hypocrisy - Abducted
Hypocrisy - Virus

as for Waking the Cadaver, never heard of them myself but searching I found someone sharing them in their 'deathcore/grindcore' folder :lol: it only takes one 'core' for me to put a band in the shitbox, I'd avoid them like hte plague
http://www.last.fm/music/Waking+The+Cadaver

that's your problem. grindcore is fucking amazing. that being said, Waking The Cadaver is shitty scenegrind.

I need some melodic metal or neo classical metal. I have children of bodom, dark tranquility, dimmu borgir, and i LOVE KALMAH anyone know of any bands like them? Oh and im getting pretty into Folk metal Like finntroll and korpiklaani any bands like that would be great. Thanks :)

I need some melodic metal or neo classical metal. I have children of bodom, dark tranquility, dimmu borgir, and i LOVE KALMAH anyone know of any bands like them? Oh and im getting pretty into Folk metal Like finntroll and korpiklaani any bands like that would be great. Thanks :)

Like Dimmu Borgir:

Anorexia Nervosa
Sethery
Dragonlord
The Kovenant (Nexus Polaris album)
Limbonic Art
Shade Empire

Like Children of Bodom:

Wintersun

Try Vesania.

Eternal Tears of Sorrow
^ the band the Kalmah brothers (both guitarists or something I think) were in up until the last EToS release

check out:
Eternal Tears of Sorrow - Scars Of Wisdom
Eternal Tears of Sorrow - The River Flows Frozen
Eternal Tears of Sorrow - Black Tears (Edge of Sanity Cover)
Eternal Tears Of Sorrow - As I Die (Paradise Lost Cover)

Edge of Sanity, Norther, and Mithotyn are good too

That album really sucks. World Circus is much better...I don't know what the fuck they were trying to do with Think This, but they failed.

Status
Not open for further replies.